• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do you think a week will make a diffrence???

loulabell

Warren Scout
im desperate to re bond my little toby (5 months old) back in with his mum and sisters,! he was neuterd 5 weeks ago, and i know your suppost to wait 6 weeks before re bonding, but would 1 week make a lot of diffrence??? his mum is spayed but his sisters are not yet as there not quiet old enough, has anybody else ever waited less than 6 weeks????

are the girls speyed? if not then you NEED to wait the extra week :wave:

ETA: read the sisters havent been speyed, no you shouldnt rebond them yet :wave:

I wouldn't risk it. You may find he's still hormonal even after 6 weeks too so just be prepared for the bond not to work straight away. It took ages for Smudge's hormones to die down.

I wouldn't risk it. You may find he's still hormonal even after 6 weeks too so just be prepared for the bond not to work straight away. It took ages for Smudge's hormones to die down.

im dreading bonding them!!! one of the sisters is quiet dominant, its only the mum who keeps her in line! toby has been living in a run inside there enclosure so thay are familier with him, but i still dont think its gonna be easy!!!

It'll be massively easier if you get the sisters spayed too if they are old enough.

I think they can still be fertile for 6 weeks after the op, so if the sisters are not spayed it's probably best not to chance it!! :D

I would also get the females/sisters spayed too before bonding... it will help calm them down and could make bonding quicker without all those hormones!

Goodluck with the bonding :wave:

Back