• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes needed for Gaius

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
After managing to track down a rabbit savvy vet in Madrid and a visit last week, Gaius is going in today to have his abscess treated :)
It came up pretty quick, but then stopped growing so I'm hoping it'll be able to be cleared... the vet will use antirobe capsules, but I don't think they'll use depocillin :? does anyone know what other antibiotics will be strong enough?

glad you,ve found a good vet..the anti robe should knock it on the head but would be worth contacting Amy ( abbymarysmokey) as she is an expert in treating abcesses
Hope Gaius comes through ok xx

well that was an experience, after an x-ray confirmed that there was no bone involved, the vet was going to make a small incision to get the abscess out (hopefully intact) and then clean out the wound etc., but it didn't happen like that. There was muscle in the way, so Gaius was heavily sedated so that his face could be opened properly - all while I was watching :shock:
Sadly it turned out to be a tumour after all :(, and it was so into the muscle that it couldn't be removed, so Gaius was stitched up and is now recovering, but he won't be here very long :cry:

well that was an experience, after an x-ray confirmed that there was no bone involved, the vet was going to make a small incision to get the abscess out (hopefully intact) and then clean out the wound etc., but it didn't happen like that. There was muscle in the way, so Gaius was heavily sedated so that his face could be opened properly - all while I was watching :shock:
Sadly it turned out to be a tumour after all :(, and it was so into the muscle that it couldn't be removed, so Gaius was stitched up and is now recovering, but he won't be here very long :cry:

So sorry to hear that. Hope he remains comfortable x

glad you,ve found a good vet..the anti robe should knock it on the head but would be worth contacting Amy ( abbymarysmokey) as she is an expert in treating abcesses
Hope Gaius comes through ok xx

I did consider giving Amy a call... I just wish I still had my drug cabinet that I had in the UK!
I've got the rabbit vet's phone no. and email address - he asked me to email tonight to let him know how Gaius is recovering :love:

I'm sorry to hear about Gaius tumour.:( I hope he recovers from the op soon and that he enjoys some good bunny times.:)
sue:wave:

Back