• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anybody else have problems with rabbit tenants

loppy ears

Warren Veteran
My tenants were really good when they first moved into their accommodation, they hardly ever complained, reported repairs promptly, had no problems with daily inspections and a weekly spring clean, however now they want more rights, they want 24 hours notice before I can inspect their home, they do not want me to go through their things in order to do the weekly clean, they complain about all kinds of things now, whether it be the heating, or the beds, they say they are going to report me to the rabbit housing rights if I do not comply with a contract they have had drawn up, nobody told me this would happen when I asked for advice on keeping pet rabbits. Who is responsible for giving rabbits all these rights and what will happen if they do report me, and they refuse to pay any rent and demand takeaways 3 times a day.

My tenants were really good when they first moved into their accommodation, they hardly ever complained, reported repairs promptly, had no problems with daily inspections and a weekly spring clean, however now they want more rights, they want 24 hours notice before I can inspect their home, they do not want me to go through their things in order to do the weekly clean, they complain about all kinds of things now, whether it be the heating, or the beds, they say they are going to report me to the rabbit housing rights if I do not comply with a contract they have had drawn up, nobody told me this would happen when I asked for advice on keeping pet rabbits. Who is responsible for giving rabbits all these rights and what will happen if they do report me, and they refuse to pay any rent and demand takeaways 3 times a day.

I know the feeling - I was doing the 'big clean' today and Blackberry insited on climbing into the rubbish bag to check what I was throwing out :roll:

yes

They thump on the floor if dissatisfied. Thank goodness no-one lives directly beneath.

They throw things about, too - dishes fly down the stairs. And it's not like they are having a matrimonial, because they are devoted to each other!

And I don't know what it is that they want to bury in the garden, but they are digging Seriously Big Holes, and they don't want to be seen, because they start under a bush every time. Someone will call the police soon, with such suspicious excavations going on in secret.

Being half asleep, I actually thought you were talking about real (human) tennants!

I thought to myself, "Daily inspections?! That's a bit harsh!"

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

I normally distract my bunch with pellets whilst I sort things out. They are quite helpful on the weekly big clean though pulling hay around and the like.

I normally distract my bunch with pellets whilst I sort things out. They are quite helpful on the weekly big clean though pulling hay around and the like.

See your rabbits have demanded payment in the way of pellets in order for you to be allowed in to clean.

Mine always insist in overseeing the cleaning of litter trays to make sure its up to standard. Oh and they love re-arranging furniture and toys all over the place.

Parsley insists on using a spirit level and tape measure to ensure the litter trays are placed in the right position, he also helps by picking up the handbrush and running off with it:roll::lol:

Parsley insists on using a spirit level and tape measure to ensure the litter trays are placed in the right position, he also helps by picking up the handbrush and running off with it:roll::lol:

:lol: Blackberry would like to pick up the hand brush and run off with it, but he's too small :lol:

:lol: Blackberry would like to pick up the hand brush and run off with it, but he's too small :lol:

006-20.jpg

Parsleys quite a big boy:lol:

Did you put him on the career bun thread - I think he is your personal trainer he wants you to do laps with him around the run.

Back