• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbits and stairs

I didn't have to teach them, they just did it. Lola first obviously, she's my fearless baby monkey bum egg! :oops::love::love: The others just followed her lead. We have a wall dividing the stairs from the floor below..as my house is a converted bungalow. xx

ive had 5 rabbits and only one can;t use the house stairs, and thats locksley he just doesn;t know what to do :lol:

I've been wondering the same thing! Olly has been up to the third step but no higher, he can't figure out how to get down again so he just jumps straight to the floor, missing out the steps! :lol:

Charlie just randomly ran up one day on his own (after never seeing stairs before) but I won't let him go down alone, he has to be carried because he's a bit dim and clumsy :oops::lol:

They are likely learn themselves in their own time and before you know it you will be wishing they would forget it as they will be in at everything so nothing will be safe :lol:

Oakley picked up the stairs quickly but Cassie took longer as bunnies learn at different paces :)

Akpo goes up on her own, when she could first do it she used to be up and down all the time, now she's quite lazy and rarely goes up there. Alfie can't get up them though, he's been on the first step, and jumped off it, but that's it. :love:

Stick them in the middle of the stairs and they'll soon learn what to do, and you can use treats to encourage them :)

i think they are a bit like puppies:D we had dogs that would go up but were too scared to come down:lol: they had to learn that bit:lol:

Back