• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What hay do you use?

I currently feed all of my buns excel timothy hay im not on a budget for the hay so i always get loads in but it must be boring for them all of the time so what other hay is good for them and what other buns like? :D
Lola is super fussy so im lucky she eats the excel hay so anything fussy buns like too :D

I started Milo on P&H Timothy Hay which he won't touch now. Then lately he has been having Excel hay but was getting bored of that so today got him so meadow hay. He seems to like it.

I ordered some samples from THE yesterday so will have to see what he likes from there.

Is there any difference from own brands like, tesco's sainburys and asda's hay compared to excel hay. Obviously i dont want them to have bad teeth but everyone says timothy hay, charlie and delilah will eat anything but lola only likes the excel im totally up to giving them a change though they must get a bit sick of the same taste every day:roll::D

I'm almost ashamed to admit that, although I buy lots of lovely beautiful farm hay - my four actually prefer the Tesco Value Meadow Hay. :oops:
I only bought it last week as emergency hay because of the snow!

Seriously, they are enthusiastic about the farm hay - but go MENTAL for the Tesco stuff. :roll: :lol::lol::lol:

Mine adore any fresh hay generally...they love meadow hay - as each bale generally is lsightly different that does them ok - But adore the Excel timothy & chamomile hay , excel forage with dandelions - but have to rashen as messy bums, fresh grass, went mad for the oat hay also from THE.
I want to try the mixed oat hay bags from THE but they alwasy seem out of stock...:?

Mine go mental for dried herbs - especiallly apple leaves & twigs, rose petals & leaves, strawberry leaves and lemon balm. They love them fresh obviously but have dry at the moment as I dried them in the summer.Just an extra thought for you!:D

I give mine a variety I give them some of each every day, they have Western timothy hay, oxbow orchard grass hay, oxbow wheat hay, wheat and barley hay, burns meadow hay, burns oat hay, readigrass and I mix in lots of different dried herbs, for their litter trays I use pure pastures.

I give mine a variety I give them some of each every day, they have Western timothy hay, oxbow orchard grass hay, oxbow wheat hay, wheat and barley hay, burns meadow hay, burns oat hay, readigrass and I mix in lots of different dried herbs, for their litter trays I use pure pastures.

oooh I think my girls will be coming over to yours for some dinner with aLL THOSE YUMMY TYPE HAYS!:wave:

Timothy hay from the farm shop, also get softer hay from there for bedding but they prefer the timothy

Oxbow Western Timothy; £36 for 4kg. :shock:
Burns Green Oat, easily go through 2 bags a week.
A meadow hay farm bale (has dried herbs and everything in)
Readigrass

I get a bale of lush green far hay for mine but I currently also have hay from morrisons for their litter trays, bag of excel forage, bag of excel with birch, bag of burns green oat hay, a very large sack of another type of farm hay, not as green but smells lovely and sweet...I like to offer them variation :roll:

Mine have bales from my old livery yard, they prefer that to the bagged timothy hay i used to get, and its better for their teeth. I also buy different bags of "treat hay/grasses" now. They like the excel herbage with dandelion and now they have some readigrass from THE. Went down pretty well :)

Farm bales. Just got a new one today actually so I'm stocked up a bit. It's gone up again - now £6.50. Apparently they are having to import them from France.

Back