• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Fionn our little heart disease boy.

Lobo

Mama Doe
Please meet Fionn.

He is 13 weeks old tomorrow and has congenital heart disease.

He is such a good little boy and takes his heart medication with no fuss. We don't know how long he will be with us but our intention is to give him the opportunity to live pain free as a little bunny for as long as possible.

DSCF1638R.jpg

DSCF1644CR.jpg

DSCF1665R.jpg

DSCF1664R.jpg

DSCF1661CR.jpg

Awwww... he just makes me melt! He is the most gorgeous rabbit I have ever seen! I'm absolutley in love :love::love::love::love::love: He looks really happy and I hope so very much that he leads a long and very happy life with you!

Oh I just love him. Give him nose rubs from me please :love::love:

awww ...just look at that sweet bunny face :love:

I hope he is with you for a good long time ... treasure every minute .. bless him :love:

I have given him some extra nose rubs and told him about the lovely compliments he has received. He is :oops:.

He has just had his nightly dose of Fortekor, a whopping 1/5 of a 2.5mg tablet and is off to bed (10 hour time difference here). We took the opportunity to weigh him tonight, he is now 1.006Kg up from the 911gms when he first arrived. He has been off his food a bit the past few days after a bout of bloat on Wednesday so the weight increase is a very pleasant surprise.:)

We do treasure every minute we have with him.:love::love:

What a wonderful, wonderful little lad :love: Another Rex with a poorly heart :cry:

I am so glad that he is with you, he will get the best care xx

What a wonderful, wonderful little lad :love: Another Rex with a poorly heart :cry:

I am so glad that he is with you, he will get the best care xx

Thank you Jane that means so much to us.

We have not had a good day today. Fionn has been very tired and no breath has come easily. His ears, nose and mouth are terribly blue because of the hypoxia. He is such an affectionate little boy but even many, many cuddles and kisses could not do much to help.:(

It is hard to see him like this, he is so young and innocent.:love:

Thank you Jane that means so much to us.

We have not had a good day today. Fionn has been very tired and no breath has come easily. His ears, nose and mouth are terribly blue because of the hypoxia. He is such an affectionate little boy but even many, many cuddles and kisses could not do much to help.:(

It is hard to see him like this, he is so young and innocent.:love:

Poor little lad :cry:

What meds is he on ?

Also, I wonder if you could obtain a portable oxygen concentrator for home use :? Might help him on his really bad days.

Poor little lad :cry:

What meds is he on ?

Also, I wonder if you could obtain a portable oxygen concentrator for home use :? Might help him on his really bad days.

He is currently on 0.2mls of frusemide in the morning and 1/5 of a 2.5mg capsule of Fortekor in the evening.

I asked the associate vet on Wednesday about some oxygen therapy as the rabbit savvy owner was not there. She said they have done it on dogs but they reverted as soon as the therapy was completed. I think I will pursue it though as I have found a supplier of portable oxygen cylinders. I'm not sure how it is administered as the cylinders I saw on the web page come with a regulator and nothing else I could see.

Back