• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roxy has had a seizure and is very poorly

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Roxy has had yet another seizure and this time she has been admitted :( Normally her recovery is slow but this time she can hardly use her back legs and kept rolling on her side :cry::cry:

She is in terrible pain in her spine and has stopped eating,she never stops eating.

Roxy has slipped a disc during a fit before and also has arthritis in her spine and hips from the damage the fits have caused her in the past.

If she has slipped it again we have to seriously consider if she can continue to have a quality of life :? :(

On top of that Elvis has managed to sprain his leg doing a binky and Lily's cataracts have now spread to both eyes :(

At least bic and biro came home today after 2 days observation at the vets, just need to wait for test results now....

Oh goodness! Poor Roxy, I really hope it's just temporary pain and nothing too serious.
Silly Elvis!!! Is there anything that can be done for Lilys cateracts? Mums JRT had them removed....would that be an option/
Glad Bic and Biro are home again....fingers cossed the results are positive.

Me too :(

I am guessing once a disc has slipped a couple of times it is likely to continue to slip in the future :?

If she is going to fit every couple of weeks and something like this happens, it isn't much of a life :(

I have never seen fits like hers before, they are not very nice. But I am trying not to worry until we hear something definite from the vet

Sorry to see this lates news on Roxy. :( I was thinking of her only this morning, but had not logged on until now so quite a coincidence. Sorry about Elvis and Lily too, although it is good that you have got Bic and Biro home.

Roxy is feeling better and is back up on her feet :D the strong pain killer she had at the vets is obviously doing the trick.

The vet thinks that as she has responded well it seems more likely that the muscles in her back had spasmed. If she is still doing well tomorrow when the pain meds have started to wear off she can come home , if not they will x-ray her. But it seems likely she can come home in the morning :D:D

Roxy is feeling better and is back up on her feet :D the strong pain killer she had at the vets is obviously doing the trick.

The vet thinks that as she has responded well it seems more likely that the muscles in her back had spasmed. If she is still doing well tomorrow when the pain meds have started to wear off she can come home , if not they will x-ray her. But it seems likely she can come home in the morning :D:D

Thats good news I do hope that she continues to do well

My heart skipped a beat then - so glad she seems a bit better :love: Send her nose rubs from me Liz xxx

Back