• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone else got a grumpy bunny

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
Now Bobby is very affectionate, but it is all on her terms:roll: When she deems it a suitable time for head rubs she will flop out about three feet away from you (you always have to get up:roll:) and grunt till you make a fuss of her..

But low and betide anyone who fancies taking it upon themselves to rub said head:shock:

You wil get pushed ! Yes pushed out of the way:shock::shock:

She will then sit with her back to you and break something:evil:

Yes, I have 2 Grumpy Buns.

Lily, who growls and launches at you what ever you do, clean her out, feed her ect. However she turns to mush when you do manage to catch her and cuddle her.

Storm, very very handsome bun. Had his bits snipped to clam him down. This didn't work. Several unsucssful pairings later he's found Aroura. She's an ugly bun, but he loves her. He won't let me fill their bowl or put hay in. He growls grunts and lauches at you. He will only let a man pick him up. And woe betide anyone who tries to pick his Aroura up.

Bunny my free range bun, used to ambush my Jack Russel. She used to hide under hutches. The dog would walk past, she'd run out bite him, and run back. She has been know to do it to me, thesame thing. She had a litter a year ago and she is now the reformed bunny as if butter would not melt.

Carlo has a little growl at people he thinks are cornering or stealing his food! But he is a definite snuggle bun, and crawls all over you grooming on the way:lol:

Oh yes Piglet is only allowed attention on her terms as well, if she doesn't want nose rubs she just storms off! She's a real sweetie when she wants it though, was trying to top up their hay yesterday and she was climbing up me and she loves giving kisses :love:

We have some grumpy buns in at times. Jazz is grumpy when you clean him out. I think he is trying to "help" by getting in the way... :roll::lol:

Its the look of outrage when I find her doing something that she shouldn't be, how very dare I stop her fun:roll::roll::lol:

:lol::lol: Sounds like Ruby!

She has several ways of letting me know she is displeased. Most common is the foot thump. She also wiggles her tail or flicks her feet if she is particularly annoyed.

Bunny my departed black Nethie could be very grumpy. If you didn't treat him with the utmost respect he would quite happily give you a nasty nip (thankfully he only ever did this once). But he was also the most affectionate of my two rabbits and would lick your face and hands and whenever he was feeling insecure he would jump into your arms to be cuddled. He was a bunny of extremes :love: and you entered his hutch at your peril :lol:

I just love aloof buns:lol: She does it for affect because she is not scared of anything... Carlo sits away when a new person is in the house, but Bobby will check out their pockets, and when finding empty of bunny treats, she will show them her angry bunny bum, and maybe a grunt :lol:

Bunny my departed black Nethie could be very grumpy. If you didn't treat him with the utmost respect he would quite happily give you a nasty nip (thankfully he only ever did this once). But he was also the most affectionate of my two rabbits and would lick your face and hands and whenever he was feeling insecure he would jump into your arms to be cuddled. He was a bunny of extremes :love: and you entered his hutch at your peril :lol:

Carlo is a bit like this, when he is feeling abit confident he will just give you a cursory nip, for no reason, other than to show me that he is feeling ballsey:lol:

Otherwise he is THE most affectionate soul:love:

Bobby is just a princess, she doesn't feel the need to nip She will just push you out of the way with he massive head:lol:

Carlo is a bit like this, when he is feeling abit confident he will just give you a cursory nip, for no reason, other than to show me that he is feeling ballsey:lol:

Otherwise he is THE most affectionate soul:love:

Bobby is just a princess, she doesn't feel the need to nip She will just push you out of the way with he massive head:lol:

I bought Bunny from PAH when I saw that he was going to bought for a totally unsuitable and spoilt child - so glad that I did - who knows what would have happened to him. I only went in for cat food :lol: and came out with a rabbit and a hutch

I bought Bunny from PAH when I saw that he was going to bought for a totally unsuitable and spoilt child - so glad that I did - who knows what would have happened to him. I only went in for cat food :lol: and came out with a rabbit and a hutch

Well yes you are quite right, sometimes once an animal nips they are out on their ear, at least you are understanding that its just part of his personality:lol:

Not grumpy but Oggie will completely ignore everything for the first few minutes I let him out of his cage. He will be everywhere sniffing and making sure its all still where he left it! You will have a nose push if you get in the way! :lol:

Maximoo is a right grumpy bum! I'm only allowed to stroke him on his terms, and well if I stroke Lola and cuddle her, she needs grooming immediately after. Mummy scenting my Loli, gots to lick it offs!

I have three.

Borage (young nethie) is 100% grumpy, 100% of the time, but I think he's really sweet.

Joey (elderly nethie) is 85% grumpy, which has got worse as he has got older as his eyesight has deteriorated, but he still likes the occassional snuggle from his mum

and Oscar, who swings dramatically from grumpy bun (trashes everything in sight, nips if you're in his way etc) to absolute snuggle monster who will sleep on me for 2hr stretches and purr like mad and honk at me in excitement

I also have BB (frenchie) who looks like a grumpy bum all the time, but is an absolute angel:love:

Back