• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's your local PAH like?

What is your local PAH like?

• Excellent

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Very good

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Good

• Ok

• Bad

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Don't know, don't go in there

Votes: 5 8.2%

• Total voters
I have heard so many stories about pets at home where the animals are looked after so badly but I know my local branch wont be the only one that isn't like that. :)

It's very good, the animals have massive pens to run around in and get pellet food and lots of veg. I went in a few months ago and some of the bunnies were doing the biggest binkies I've seen. :D This thread isn't about the fact of selling because when it comes to that, I don't know what they are like. ;) I mean what are the conditions like? :)

My local ones fab, its the one I adopted Dizzee from before I moved down here.

Only thing I hate is the adoption pens

My local P@H seems very good; clean, big spaces for buns. I have started to pay more attention tho, after reading comments on here.

Mine is great :) I wish the hamster enclosures were bigger, but they are well cared for. The rabbits and guinea pigs have good sized enclosures, pellets, clean bottles and always tons of hay! They also have toys.

The fish area is always clean, and I've never seen a dead fish there.

The staff always seem well informed, in fact I heard one mentioning a shed with a run was better for rabbits than any of the hutches in the shop :love:

My pets at home is good I think. The rabbit sections have about 4 x 3 pens and all the rabbits were binkying and flopping all the time :love: They feed too many pellets, but there is veg and hay present. They dont have many hidey places as its all glass but they didnt seem to mind. Same with the guinea pigs, infact all the other sections apart from fish. They always died when i bought from P@H.

The advice given when adopting is great however.

I try to avoid it, but just because I always want to take all the bunnies home! :oops: They look very well looked after, and nom their hay and drink their water much better than my Spenser. I've never dared venture to the adoption section. I buy Spenser's pellets there, but try to send my parents. I will have to go in for hay tomorrow becasue the supermarkets have run out and my Animal Magic order has been snowed up in Yorkshire.

As far as petshops go my local PAH look after the animals well in general. The spaces they are in are much better than any other petshop in the area and much cleaner and brighter. I agree though that the adoption pens for the rabbits are awful. They stress me out just looking at them.
I voted "Good" for mine

ive been to about 3 in brum and one in scotland and all were fine, ive not seen one of the bad ones thankfully :D

Mine are good :wave:
The bunnies have either 4 or 5 ft x 3ft enclosures, with plenty of hay, a built in hutch, water and pellets (never seen them with veg but at 8 weeks old that seems okay to me) It always seem's fairly clean. They take advice really well (most of the staff ,I have a member of staff I dont like though) and will act on advice very quickly :) the hamsters are very clean as are the fish.
I was watching the adoption bunny binky earlier :love: They seem to have a member of staff who is passionate about the indivual species but its luck if you get them when you want them.

Ive also heard them saying the things they sell aren't big enough :lol:

Mines alright, well It was good since the staff are pretty bunny savvy. I haven't been since August though, just order online of late as I'm at uni!

The few near me are ok, always plenty of pellets and hay in the areas for the babies, along with a wooden house/shelter for them to hide in.

The adoption centre areas definitely need some improvement though, or the rabbits are only kept to the bigger areas.

My local Pets at Home is about 15 miles away and its pretty awful. Everytime I go in I point out a poorly animal and wait until they check it and take it out the back 'to see a vet'. I very much doubt they do - poor little things. (

My pets at home is good I think. The rabbit sections have about 4 x 3 pens and all the rabbits were binkying and flopping all the time :love: They feed too many pellets, but there is veg and hay present. They dont have many hidey places as its all glass but they didnt seem to mind. Same with the guinea pigs, infact all the other sections apart from fish. They always died when i bought from P@H.

The advice given when adopting is great however.

i dont get fish from P@H as they just die! i had 6 black moors and only 1 survived!

I think mine is really good.
The bunny enclosures are absolutely mahoooosive :D
All the staff seem really bun-savvy.
All animals are clean, have food, veg, hay etc.
I saw a big french lop adoption bunny do the hugest binky the other day :love:

No too bad, I've never seen green veg and they are only fed on PAH nuggets and they are on shavings but, they do have lots of hay now. Water is always clean, could be worse I suppose.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were actually putting some of the treats they have on the shelves in the enclosures, it' makes me angry that they have all these things for sale but, are too mean to put them in for the animals in their care.

No too bad, I've never seen green veg and they are only fed on PAH nuggets and they are on shavings but, they do have lots of hay now. Water is always clean, could be worse I suppose.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were actually putting some of the treats they have on the shelves in the enclosures, it' makes me angry that they have all these things for sale but, are too mean to put them in for the animals in their care.

Good to hear they are getting treats then. :) All the animals at my local PAH have tons of toys and places to hide. :love:

Ditto...mine also has the products they sell in their pens, toys tunnels and they hide hay inside them for the rabs and guinea's ....I think it gives new owners good insight and lead by example, they always have clean water and hay...I have been in worse shops.

Back