• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

daily food

tiger_lily

Mama Doe
Ok, so...

What does everyone feed their rabbits daily? I'm curious to see what everyone feeds, and I imagine so are a lot of other people, so it would be nice to have somewhere to refer to (apologies if this has been done before)

Oscar gets:
Breakfast- A eggcup full of Excel pellets (about 25g), handfed and in his treats ball
Tea- Veggies! Today's was 1 and a half leaves of cabbage, 3 florets of broccoli, about an inch of carrot and a small amount of diced celery to try
All day- Hay. At the moment it's Willow Warren hay and Excel's forage. Probably eats 4-5 handfuls of hay a day
Treats-Handfed by us throughout the day. No more than a small pinch of apple and carrot chunks, a sprinkling of dried herds on his litter tray and in his bedding, and a fenugreek crunchie.

What do yours eat?

Two meals of 5g of SS pellets (slowly introducing Oxbow Bunny Basics too, so each meal will be 60% BB and 40% SS). Rest of the time, they have unlimited farm/meadow hay, with several handfuls of timothy hay throughout the day.

Per bunny...

Morning: 1/2 eggcup of Science Selective; biiiiiiiiig handfull of meadow hay

Dinner time: Small handful of dried forage; handful of fresh herbs (sometimes some spring greens in this but am starting to do more herbs and less greens)

Evening: 1/2 eggcup of SS again; more hay; one Fenugreek Crunchie sometimes.

Currently...for the winter

1 or 2 handfuls of pellets - I have small hands.

A combination of broccoli,carrot, apple and cucumber as I've run out of herbs which normally feed and a spring green cabbage.- I just feed a handful between each pair now.

I feed meadow hay- unlimited- they are bedded down on this and i feed a slice out of a bale of meadow hay per evening between 14.

Back