• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What size shed should i build for rescue buns to go in?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
My landlord has said it's okay for me to build a shed for my rescue bunnies. I just wondered what is the largest shed anyone has seen?

It's quite a big area- she said as big as i want , so I'm going to go for something massive if i can.

Just wondering if it's better to have 6x2x2 hutches inside for buns then put them out to grass in the fields daily or have 6x4 setups in the shed.

Ideally I'd rather accommodate more bunnies in the shed, than less if they are short stay, but if they are longer stay, i don't want to have them in that size indefinitely.

Last edited:
dont know about the sheds, but even if they have 6x4 pens, they would still have to go out into runs, so I would go with getting 6x2 hutches, as also you can stack them.

dont know about the sheds, but even if they have 6x4 pens, they would still have to go out into runs, so I would go with getting 6x2 hutches, as also you can stack them.

Thanks. Is heating a shed safe? - i was thinking it would be easier keeping dental buns in the shed if there rather than bringing them in the house.

Personally I'd go for a set up that allowed the rabbits permanent access to a run, so good aviary type enclosures with 6ft hutches inside, and maybe have a smaller shed that you can heat for the poorlier buns.

If you use a large shed to house hutches you end up with a lot of "lost" space that the rabbits don't benefit from.

Back