• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone ever come across this company??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I very much doubt members of the public would be allowed into the breeding premises.

'Stock' sold on sale or return basis...wonder if the returned stock gets turned into reptile food? :(

I was wondering what happens to the returned stock too, isn't it horrible to see animals refered to as stock.

Well I suppose the Head of Pets at Pets at home would have inspected them?? She is a vet apparently.

So what happens to the animals that get too big. I guess if it's a farm they will go for slaughter as meat trade or just be fed to other animals or bred again.

This is very bad news indeed if Simons rodents are supplying pets at home.
This is pure commercial breeding. I'd steer well clear.
It's basically an animal warehouse

Here is a bit about it for starters http://www.sugar-glider.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=4564.0

A friend of mine visited and told me it was awful. He could smell the place before he saw it.

A quote from my friend "One of his suppliers is even worse than him and the things I know about him would make you sick to the stomach. Were not talking about the deaths of a few animals here im talking thousands."

Another quote from him as soon as i mentioned Simons Rodents "oh god its an awful place.

I remember once going down to the place with a guy from the bbc who did the leg work for that macintyre investigates series. They ended up dropping the episode but seriously you could smell the place before you could see it.

This is the guy who breed syrians in a colony system as its easier to replace a dead animal than bother to mate them properly"

Here is a bit about it for starters http://www.sugar-glider.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=4564.0

A friend of mine visited and told me it was awful. He could smell the place before he saw it.

A quote from my friend "One of his suppliers is even worse than him and the things I know about him would make you sick to the stomach. Were not talking about the deaths of a few animals here im talking thousands."

Another quote from him as soon as i mentioned Simons Rodents "oh god its an awful place.

I remember once going down to the place with a guy from the bbc who did the leg work for that macintyre investigates series. They ended up dropping the episode but seriously you could smell the place before you could see it.

This is the guy who breed syrians in a colony system as its easier to replace a dead animal than bother to mate them properly"

This is awful! :cry: The last sentence re: breeding syrian hamsters made me sick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back