• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb?

tiger_lily

Mama Doe
I bought some megazorb to put in Oscars cage, and I wondered if any of you put anything on top of it, or just left it at that. Thanks!

ETA: I have a litter tray with megazorb topped with hay at the moment, and just megazorb everywhere else. Oh, and straw in his bedroom!

I line the hutch with Megazorb and then put hay on top. It's mostly for Molly's hocks because megazorb is very soft and cushioning, and so is hay, so it's thick and padded for her to stand on.

I only put it in the litter tray and then put hay on top of that.
Ah ok, what do you use everywhere else then?

I line the hutch with Megazorb and then put hay on top. It's mostly for Molly's hocks because megazorb is very soft and cushioning, and so is hay, so it's thick and padded for her to stand on.
I was thinking of putting hay everywhere else, but then I was worried he might treat the whole cage as his litter tray!

I was thinking of putting hay everywhere else, but then I was worried he might treat the whole cage as his litter tray!

my rabbits do use their sleeping area of the hutch as a toilet, but suprisingly, they don't toilet over the rest of the hutch. they do however toilet all over their run, which is lined with thick hay too.

Mine have a layer of megazorb then topped with loads of hay in their litter trays. They don't have anything anywhere else as they are house rabbits. They have towels and duvets and vetbed and blankets for soft places.

Ah ok, what do you use everywhere else then?

I don't put anything in the rest of their hutches. It's just non-slip vinyl(lino)

mine are outdoor buns and i use about an inch of megazorb with lots of hay on top in the litter tray, straw with a bit of hay on top in the bedroom (i was told straws good insulation better than hay) and just straw in the living area.

Mine are outdoors layer of mega zorb with straw over the top. They have a fleece pet bed and blanket in their sleeping area (yet to see them use it)

Much better than anything else I have used its £8.50 for a huge sack in a shop not far from me.

Dont make the mistake I did and put a layer of newspaper in the bottom first...the buns emptied the whole litter tray to get it up. LOL.
I just use megazorb in the bottom and then they have hay racks above full of hay, they normally pull the hay into the litter trays themselves then. I find if I have a layer of hay and hay racks the litter tray is overflowing within hours. Messy buns xx

Back