• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Married at Last

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Onslow has been at Green Fields Rescue in Bracknell for over a year now and I've been working with Lorna to rehome him, and her other inmates for quite a long time .

Well this week, he's got married. He's met an older lady called Mavis who lost her partner a short while ago and was desperately lonely.

Onslow is not a very happy chappy (having been dumped on the doorstep in a cardboard box I guess he has reason) and hasn't bonded with previous lady buns.

Well this time he seems to have decided he'd love the company and is going to be moving to Hampshire at the weekend all things being equal.

Bonded in my usual puppy pen and today moved to a hutch to test the relationship by increasing the space. All good so far.

Makes me very happy.

Meet Mavis with the wonkily ears and her new Frenchie man Onslow.

DayThree020.jpg

DayThree001.jpg

DayThree016.jpg

Both bunnies aren't massively confident so lunge, box and bark, but by starting their introduction off with them next to each other on my arm chair so they didn't have to be brave and approach the other one, they seemed to get over the initial jitters much more quickly. Transferred to the pen after a few minutes they did demonstrate normal tentative behaviour but this subsided quite quickly.

Thought I was gonna see you in your wedding outfit then Helen :lol:

:love:What a gorgeous cuddly looking pair :love:

Good Luck for a long and happy marriage Onslow and Mavis x x

They look gorgeous together. :love: One of my sponsor buns at Rainbow Rabbits is Onslow, so I have a soft spot for the name. :love:

Have you ever had success with bonding two males (neutered obviously!).

We have two here who we think are very similatr in character and might make a good match - especially as both have failed to bond with females - but we need to get them off-site to do it as i do not think they would bond on non neutral territory. HINT

Have you ever had success with bonding two males (neutered obviously!).

We have two here who we think are very similatr in character and might make a good match - especially as both have failed to bond with females - but we need to get them off-site to do it as i do not think they would bond on non neutral territory. HINT

I haven't done a pair of boys before Twigs but have done trios where two or even three of the group were males and did work.

Are you thinking about a trip down our way then ;)

oh definatly a squishy couple - Congratulations for perservering for this lovely little man & what honey bunny he has got!:love: Hope their honeymoon period last forever....bless them - they look so happy to have some company!:love::love:

Dumped on her doorstep:shock: how sad:cry:.I must say I thought greenfields was closed now???

Yes, he was dumped along with three other French x buns who are still available for adoption.

Green Fields didn't ever actually close but Lorna stopped taking in (other than the high numbers that she has dumped and those who have to be returned if the owners can't carry on caring for them) and only rehomed quietly to people she knew or who she had rehomed to previously. She's had bunnies on site continuously and for the last year or so, I have been working with her so that I deal with all enquiries re giving rabbits up or rabbits being adopted, she funds, cares for and makes ready, the bunnies for adoption at her site and I do the 'front of house' part of the work for her.

I also have my own 'rescue' here and do all of the above for the rabbits I take in, but its fair to say that we work very closely alongside each other. This means that we have a larger pool of rabbits available for people to choose from when they come to me to enquire about adoption.

This weekend we are both taking in more bunnies to assist with a rescue further afield and a welfare situation.

This works and means between us we can offer more help than working alone.

Back