• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Morrisons and Tesco out of hay!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
I've got orders placed with Animal Magic (who I think are still snowed in) and Hay experts (recent, so will be lucky to see it before the weekend). Hope the shelves get re-stocked soon. Will try Asda and Wilkos tomorrow, and thankfully Spenser is several days away from a crisis.

Apparently its not due to panic buyers its that a lot of supply lines have been blocked by the snow. Hay Experts have said they're still getting deliveries out, I placed an order yesterday for some readigrass as I can't buy it any locally. But I doubt mine will be delivered before the weekend.

Hope you get some hay soon! We can't have Spenser going without!

Apparently its not due to panic buyers its that a lot of supply lines have been blocked by the snow. Hay Experts have said they're still getting deliveries out, I placed an order yesterday for some readigrass as I can't buy it any locally. But I doubt mine will be delivered before the weekend.

Hope you get some hay soon! We can't have Spenser going without!

Spenser is not the world's greatest hay nommer, and says I should just give him extra pellets. :roll: I think we have enough to keep him going over the weekend, but I am going to try Asda and Wilkinsons tomorrow - assuming my parents will wait in while I am out.

I'm hoping to go to P@H tonight to get some decent hay as I have a handful of good stuff left.

I'm hoping to go to P@H tonight to get some decent hay as I have a handful of good stuff left.

That's an option for me, but Spenser is not overly fond of P@h hay - except for the bedding hay, which he will nom quite happily. He won't eat their Timothy or meadow hay, and doesn't like any of the Excel hays. :roll:

That's an option for me, but Spenser is not overly fond of P@h hay - except for the bedding hay, which he will nom quite happily. He won't eat their Timothy or meadow hay, and doesn't like any of the Excel hays. :roll:

:lol: Bunski seems to eat ANY hay, as do my piggies, but typical me still buys them excels most expensive!

:lol: Bunski seems to eat ANY hay, as do my piggies, but typical me still buys them excels most expensive!

Hurrah for Buski! :D Spenser is getting better though. He seems to particularly favour the twig-like pieces in the Morrison's hay that I at first tended to take out in case he damaged his wee mouth on them. :oops:

I haven't noticed that Wilkos have had any problems with their stocks but our local Asda has had some issues. Might b useful info for you, but could be different where you are. x

Worst case, you can always drive to mine and i will give you some :)
(Bit far methinks!)

Back