• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willow Warren / THE & Dustfreehay...prices

chelle

Warren Veteran
Hi all,

Ive ordered from THE before & it was £5 delivery up to a certain weight - so wasnt too bad...only thing is whenever I usually look online what I want is out of stock...:?

Ive had a look at Dustfree hay & thought it looked ok - but then compared prices to The Willow Warren - which Ive heard folks rave about and I'm wondering if Im going mad...but they seemed t be not that unreasonable in comparison? But it may be me being abit thick:oops::?

So
The Hay Experts:
Alflafa Timothy Hay 1.8kg bag : £8.95
plus postage of £5
Total: £13.95

So thats £4.97 per kg before postage
or £7.75 per kg after postage

Dustfree hay
Timothy Hay: 2X 2Kg boxes for £22.99 including postage
So also seems a little hay for that amount?

The Willow Warren:
Timothy Hay: 7Kg is £17.35
Plus postage: £11.50
Total: £28.85

so thats £2.48 per Kg before postage
£4.12 per kg after postage.

or smaller box for comparison:
1.5kg is £6.40
Postage: £6.18
Total:£12.58

so £4.12 per kg before postage
£8.39 per kg after postage

Now obviously its cheaper to get a larger amount - but thats not always available - I thought the Willow Warren was way more expensive...it appears not!:?:p

Anyone buy the large boxes from The Willow Warren and how long does it last you for?
Do you give every day?

I know someone mentioned this the other day :oops:

Last edited:
Very handy thread :)

Soz, I can't really contribute as I haven't ordered online for aaaages but will eagerly await your replies :D

Nicola x x x

Anyone buy the large boxes from The Willow Warren and how long does it last you for?
Do you give every day?:wave:

Seem to remember prettylupin mentioning the price of hay from the Willow Warren a few days ago if that's any help.

I personally haven't used the Willow Warren hay- was debating ordering some so will watch this thread with interest. I think the price difference may be because the Willow Warrens is timothy rich (ie mixed with meadow and clover) as opposed to pure timothy hay.

I had a look at this

Willow Warren 7kg hay per large box
DEAL - 2 Large Boxes: total: £ 45.18 (incl. carriage) so £3.23/kg,

DFH
10 small bagged bales no additional postage £40 each bale is supposed to be 2kg so in my reckoning thats only £2/kg

Ive ordered the free sample of Willow Warren Hay to try but just ordered 10 stalky hay from DFH as my buns love it :D

Last edited:
I personally haven't used the Willow Warren hay- was debating ordering some so will watch this thread with interest. I think the price difference may be because the Willow Warrens is timothy rich (ie mixed with meadow and clover) as opposed to pure timothy hay.

oh right - I must have missed that - I thought it was just timothy...mmm.. I already have load of meadow hay - just want timothy really...or a hug box of oat hay or something:?:)

Yes this was it!

Thanks! Knew i saw it somewhere!:roll::lol:

I had a look at this

Willow Warren 7kg hay per large box
DEAL - 2 Large Boxes: total: £ 45.18 (incl. carriage) so £3.23/kg,

DFH
10 small bagged bales no additional postage £40 each bale is supposed to be 2kg so in my reckoning thats only £2/kg

Ive ordered the free sample of Willow Warren Hay to try but just ordered 10 stalky hay from DFH as my buns love it :D

aaah - mine came to £28.85...it was the timonthy hay though...
is your price for meadow hay ?

Yes I get two large boxes every 4-6 weeks for 2 smallish rabbits. Mine have no pellets so eat a lot of hay. :wave:

Absolutely give every day - it is a fantastic hay containing a variety of grasses so no other hay is necessary.

I have started buying four large box deal. I'm only on my first box and it has probably last 2 weeks and there is a little bit left (that's for 7 rabbits). I only use it for litter trays and change daily. Bedding I use is straw and I also get some treat hay and farm hay.

Im not sure where im going wrong but I bought the 2 large box deal (personally I dont think it is equivilent to a bale? :shock:) Ive nearly used one box in a week??

Mine are all great hay eaters and eat alot but im disappointed how long its lasted - its great hay though!!!

A bale usually lasts me several weeks

Im not sure where im going wrong but I bought the 2 large box deal (personally I dont think it is equivilent to a bale? :shock:) Ive nearly used one box in a week??

Mine are all great hay eaters and eat alot but im disappointed how long its lasted - its great hay though!!!

A bale usually lasts me several weeks

This is what I was wondering about too...mine love to chomp any tasty hays...:?:)

Because the farming is done traditionally it may be that the bales made are smaller than average bales. :?

The hay this season is also very brittle so much of it is broken and not as long stranded as usual. Usually two boxes last me 6 weeks but at the moment they are only lasting 4 weeks, but hey ho, the hay is worth it. :D

Because the farming is done traditionally it may be that the bales made are smaller than average bales. :?

The hay this season is also very brittle so much of it is broken and not as long stranded as usual. Usually two boxes last me 6 weeks but at the moment they are only lasting 4 weeks, but hey ho, the hay is worth it. :D

Yes It definelty isnt equivilent to a bale but as you say worth it - The hay isnt packaged as compact as a bale, im not sure I can afford that each month for my 4 though, at this rate I will need 4 large boxes a month :shock:
Whereas my nice green bale from a local barn is costing me £5 a month (though they have run out until early next year :evil:)

Back