• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

GA's

I'm sorry I don't quite understand the question.
Do you mean GA for tests rather than treatment?

Sorry I should of explained better. :oops:

My little ones are coming up to the time the should be neutered however one had an accident a few weeks ago and had a GA to stitch his ear.

Obviously two GA's so close together are going to have an impact on him, but similarly I don't want to leave them together any longer than necessary incase they start fighting, nore do I want to seperate and rebond if I can help it.

So I wondered how long other members would wait. Obviously I will ask my vet his advice but other opinions aswell never hurt.

Your vet is the best person to answer that one especially as they are young buns.
If it helps, my bun has GA's for dentals at a very good exotics hospital specially geared up for bunnies, at 4 weekly intervals for nearly 2 years.
He's needed continuous gut motility drugs since April '10 & had no functioning caecum for 10 months. Finger's crossed he's sailed through every one.

I agree with thumps, ask your vet. However, my Mini had two GA's in three days when she dislocated her hip if that helps at all.

If it is gaz anesthesia, it is safe and a fit rabbit can have it within short time frame. Mine goes for dental check on her molars, every 2 months and she's put to sleep with gas, and 10 minutes later she is back to her feet..

Back