• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just Awful :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I have tried to spare RU yet more of my tales of woe. But this morning I feel as though I am drowning :cry:

First off, the shot of steroid only gave Eddie about 3 days respite from severe arthritic pain :cry: It should have given at least 10 days. He has had another dose, but if this one only gives 3 days respite he will be PTS :cry: So Eddie may be leaving us on Saturday :cry:

Next Lara, she is now 10 and very frail. She is on daily Metacam for her arthritis. Her lungs are knackered, she is totally blind :cry: Whilst she is still eating, every day she is less active. Mostly she sleeps and she has occasional episodes of mouth breathing :cry: I think it is almost 'Lara's time' :cry:

Then Mr Bean. For over a year he has had an eye problem causing a ruptured lens and uveitis. This was well managed on Maxitrol, but now the condition is deteriorating rapidly :cry: It looks like Mr Bean will lose the eye :cry:
He is a VERY high GA risk due to his compromised lung function. We do not know if he will survive surgery :cry:

I am trying my best not to crumble but its so hard to stay strong ALL the time. Today I just want to crawl into a corner and cry, but that isn't an option :cry:

Thanks for 'listening' and sorry again for droning on :oops:

:cry:

Oh Jane I really want to come down and just give you a hug. It is a really hard decision but as you say sometimes it is just their time. You need to focus on what great lives you have been able to give them and how much better things have been for them with you than they could have been elsewhere

DON'T you apologise. I could just imagine how you're feeling, if my Zeke got sick, it'd tare my life apart. You have been through so much this year and I've often cried for you and your bunnies. I send reiki when I can that your bunnies will be ok. You're always in my thoughts and prayers, though I know that might not mean a lot, I always try to help in the ways I can. Sending you love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Really sorry Jane, you are having such a tough time at the moment :cry:

Thinking of you and all your poorly buns xx

I can't imagine how you're feeling :( I have a hard time when only one of my pets is ill. You, Eddie, Lara, and Mr Bean are in my thoughts xxxx

Jane please don't worry about venting on here, everyone will completely understand how you must be feeling and it is difficult to cope with these things! I know that all of your buns have been the ones I come back on the RU to see again and again and I can understand that it is a difficult time for you.

There is nothing I can say to make it any better but please know that I'm thinking of you and the poorly buns and sending all the good vibes in the world your way! Hugs xxx

Please don't feel you need to appoligise....There's no way I could cope with multiple sick buns....I've gone into complete meltdown with Just Blue being ill.
Thinlking of you hoin.,
xxx

Jane, do not apologise. We are all here to support eachother through the terrible times, and god knows you give us all support when we have a sick bun.
Youre stronger than you think. If it were me with 3 desperately poorly buns, and facing losing 2 of them very soon, id have crumpled a long time ago.
Vibes for Eddie, Lara and Mr Bean. Im thinking of you all and Timmy, Mimi and Max send gentle nudges xxxxxxxxxxx

I'm so sorry that you're going through such a rough time at the moment. I'm sending millions of vibes for all three of them and also for you.

Maybe sitting down in a corner and having a good cry is exactly what you need, don't try and bottle the feelings up. Sometimes being a little self-indulgent works wonders :)

Take care, Vikee x

Sorry to hear the bad news, I'm sure your going to get through it and do what is right for the buns, I know you'll make them comfortable and if it's time it will be harder for you than them I'm sure, they'll never really leave you, just try to stay strong for them and take care of yourself in this difficult time. (Hugs)

Lots of vibes for your poorly bunnies. Hope "talking" about it here helps in some small way. Thinking of you xx

Sending huggy vibes for you and get well vibes for the bunsters! I cant cope with one poorly bun and go into melt down, so I dont know how you do it!!!

Back