• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help......UD pro fibre?

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
Blue is in stasis and it's all my fault. :cry::cry:
I didn't realise I had shut the babygate between him and the hutch last night when they had their dinner (if I don;t separate them Blue steals Marnies food) and I didn't open it again before we went to bed.
I've come bown this morning and Blue was huddled in the corner covered in wee. He won't take any food at all except a little nibble of banana. He won;t even take an Auntie Liz biscuit.
I've rung the emergancy vet line and the vet has just said to bring him in at 8.30. To be honest he was bloody useless.....'well...it's not a problem if he hasn;t eaten :roll: :evil: ' He's a locum....god help the bunnies he has to actually deal with.
What can I do to help him until I can take him to the vet? I have tried tempting him with all of his favourite things....and he won't drink anything either.
I feel so terrible...I'm such an awful bunny mummy and I can;t beleive I've done this to my baby boy :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
I'm the only person online! i have no experience of this but i couln't read and run.:oops:

vibes for blue. just try and keep him warm.

:(

Oh mega vibes, you tried tummy rubs, I don't know much abou stasis, you are doing everything I would be doing!.

No point beating your self up things like this happen to everyone

I've been rubbing his tummy and fussing him....he won;t even take a crunchie. I lost Ollie to stasis/blockage....I can;t bear to lose Blue. I'm so frightened. There were loads of poos on the floor in the kitchen so at least I know he isn;t blocked up-I hope.
I just can;t stop crying :cry::cry:

I've been rubbing his tummy and fussing him....he won;t even take a crunchie. I lost Ollie to stasis/blockage....I can;t bear to lose Blue. I'm so frightened. There were loads of poos on the floor in the kitchen so at least I know he isn;t blocked up-I hope.
I just can;t stop crying :cry::cry:

Well thats good that he is pooping, they may just have to give him a stimulant, I wish I had more advise.. :cry:

Tummy rubs and keep him warm. Vets as soon as possible, he will definately need pain relief and possibly a gut stimulant and some recovery food but get them to examine him. Good luck

I think this is the longest 1/2 hour EVER. Our house is so cold as well.....stupid landlord :evil:

I think this is the longest 1/2 hour EVER. Our house is so cold as well.....stupid landlord :evil:
Just keep him warm, Now I am sure that I have heard that them moving about will help get the gut moving... will do a search now hun:wave:

There are SOOO many threads with stasis. I'm sorry, I would just keep going as you are!! Some one has to come soon.

BUMP

I guess you're on the way to the vets now - wishing you good luck. Please let us know how he gets on.
In this case it will be important to keep him somewhere warm & to encourage him to warm himself up as well as to get his gut moving by hopping around if he's able.
The poops are a good sign.
It's Pain Relief, getting luke warm fluids in by syringe feeding if need be, with critical care/ mushed up pellets, sometimes fluids under the skin at the vet, & gut motility drugs.
Everything crossed & don't be so hard on yourself, accidents happen so easily.
I've a feeling he'll be fine soon.

Well...he's in the box, Rosie is in her carrier (and most unimpressed at being woken up early. We're just waiting for J to get back from work with the car (I'm in no fit state to drive) He's takent the time off to look after Rosie while I look after Blue. He's so good to me :love:
So frightened of going to the vets...any vibes would be greatly appreciated

J is stuck in traffic...damned rush hour :cry: Still Blue ran away when I tried to put him in his carrier, hes taking food but then putting it on the floor :?

Sending lots and lots of vibes for Blue, and thinking of you! xx

Spenser had stasis back in September, so I know how frightening it can be.

Heading to the vet is the best and most helpful thing you can do. If your unsure of what the vet knows Jane should be able to point you at the relevant section of the RWA site to print out and take with you. The RWA may carry more weight than an owner with a vet who doe snot know you.

With Doodee the pain of stasis stops her trying to eat things that can help. Hopefully with painreleif and gut stimulants Blue wil feel more comfortable and then be more interested in food.

Try not to panic, offer tempting nibbles that may help. I used the advise of dangling strands of food in front of Doodees face so she got so fed up with me she chomped them to make them go away.

Can you locate any dried Dandelion of blackberry leaves to tempt Blue with once you have been to the vet?

Hope all goes well for Blue.

Thank you so much....I had a bit of a panic when you were'nt online this morning!! How is michael todfay?

It sounds as though Blue has some trapped wind. That can cause really nasy tummy ache. So hopefully after appropriate meds from the Vet Blue will be fine.

Honestly, a Bun with trapped wind can look to be at deaths door one minute then once the gas breaks up and passes Bun is completely fine. Please dont blame yourself !!

Michael isn't doing too bad. Still wont touch hay though :roll:

Why, exactly, do we love Buns so much !!

Back