• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bored bunnies! Tips please?!

elaine84

Warren Scout
Hi all,
My 2 bunnies are in the lounge all day now the weather is so cold, rather than playing in the garden and then coming in the lounge for the rest of the evening. They're loose in there until bedtime, but I think they're getting a bit bored! Does anyone have any tips on what's good to entertain them?
They have a 3-way tunnel and a couple of toys to toss about, plus a big long container full of hay which is also their toilet.
What are your rabbits' fave toys?
Thanks!

these are great fun
http://www.moorcroftrabbits.com/warren/shakerattlerollball.htm
chew sticks are good (you can buy willow ones in places like P@H) hmm whatelse, cardboard boxes with holes cut into them :D

These are awesome!I'm going to make some now :D

I've been trying to find plastic baby toys such as the plastic keys that you can get. I think they like to shake them around.

Also anything to chew on such as a big cardboard box, my bun loves chewing through cardboard :)

toys

one of my rabbits is kept in the living room at the moment, he loves his treat ball, i cut down a bit on his pellets in a morning and put the remainder in the ball, he has great fun rolling and throwing it around, plus they love cardboard boxes and apple sticks, keeps him occupied for ages, i tend to swap the toys every day so they dont get board of playing with the same ones all the time :)

Different rabbits like different things, so i can only go by what my 2 like.

You can make most of your own toys. The "shake rattle and roll" balls that georgeypudding posted are one of their favourites.
They also like cardboard boxes with/without things in (towels, scrunched up newspaper, hay etc).
Tunnels also go down well
cerial/paper bags with treats/pellets/veg hidden in
Marley likes to stretch out on his box and survey his territory :lol:
They like their jingle ball and go mad for anything willow.

Even moving around some of the toys they have now might help a little.

HTH :wave:

I'm actually quite relieved bunny couples get bored too. Any time Spenser looks fed up I always feel guilty because he is a single bunny. I think time of day is significant in judging boredom - bunnies can look bored in the afternoon when they may well just be having their tired time.

Hi all,
My 2 bunnies are in the lounge all day now the weather is so cold, rather than playing in the garden and then coming in the lounge for the rest of the evening. They're loose in there until bedtime, but I think they're getting a bit bored! Does anyone have any tips on what's good to entertain them?
They have a 3-way tunnel and a couple of toys to toss about, plus a big long container full of hay which is also their toilet.
What are your rabbits' fave toys?
Thanks!

Cardboard box!!! Def their fav toy - big as possible, stuffed with hay and two (not one but two) holes cut in!

Cardboard box!!! Def their fav toy - big as possible, stuffed with hay and two (not one but two) holes cut in!

Ooooooo, yes, Spenser loves his cardboard bozes - especially if I forget to remove all the tape and labels. :oops::roll: Holes are a good feature, but your bunnies will probably need to modify them a bit. ;):lol:

Ooooooo, yes, Spenser loves his cardboard bozes - especially if I forget to remove all the tape and labels. :oops::roll: Holes are a good feature, but your bunnies will probably need to modify them a bit. ;):lol:

True. Sometimes I just cut one hole and let the Buns make another one or two - very noisy!!

Mine make up their own games, they seem to like playing "tag" a lot.:wave: I also stuff toilet roll tubes with veggies, give them treat balls and made a little cardboard box hidey hole structure which they like to jump on, and play in.:D

Back