• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Please?

I would totally advise getting both females spayed before you think about trying it. I tried to bond my two before one of the girls was spayed and it ended in a MASSIVE fall out. Plus it's much better for their health too:)

I have a neutered boy with an unneutered girl.Theyre fabulous,bless them.
The two girls may have scraps.....I think.
Why are they unneutered if you dont mind me asking????

Found the post yes she is. :lol:

ETA: Get the females spayed. You've been on animal madhouse you should know how they feel about neutering too! :wave: xx

I have a neutered boy with an unneutered girl.Theyre fabulous,bless them.
The two girls may have scraps.....I think.
Why are they unneutered if you dont mind me asking????
I had Laurel bonded with Sammy before she was spayed and they got on amazingly, best friends:love: When I lost Sammy :)cry:) I got her a new friend who we though was a boy, until 'he' went to get neutered. Two girls are definitely not as easy.

It is possible. But I guess it depends on how you bond and the temperaments of the rabbits concerned. I would advise you bond the girls first and then add the male. Though you may find that once you do this the dominant female may kick out the other female, but it really depends just how dominant the female is.

Helen xx

Yeah that's me on animal madhouse :lol:
Delilah is too young at present but is getting spayed lola is possibly inbred and has lots of health issues and the vet isn't keen on spaying her:?

A fair amount of bunnies will be inbred, take for example my Lenny; the vet said he has at least six varying breeds in him. :shock: Sad, but that's what pet shops buns tend to be like, Max is part everything too, my Lola probably is more than just a dwarf lop. I'd definitely spay, not only will it reduce Lola's dewlap size, It will rid any aggression and also make bonding easier.

Leaving a female rabbit neutered should be avoided unless really possible, otherwise the buns has a much greater risk of uterine cancer.

My brothers house bunnies Harry and Penny were bonded and still are,originally Harry was neutered and Penny not, about a year ago they found a mass on Penny, and she started getting multiple ongoing masses after than, she had them tested and removed, all were benign. They insisted on spaying her there and then. She was 5 when she was spayed and very lucky indeed to not have got cancer.

Hope you figure out what to do for the best soon xxx

Is Charlie already neutered then? You lost me. :oops:

Is this an additional neutered male for Lola? If so Rescue all the way. :wave:

Back