• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

3 special little bunnies left at the vets this morning

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I was hoping that all 3 would be routine health checks, but all 3 have ended up being admitted :(

Mini Mouse went for a dental check and general health check to make sure she is OK to start bonding her after loosing Brendan last week. But she needs a dental and is also having blood taken to be on the safe side. At 10 years old and a tiny nethie, I am a bit worried, she is one of my favourites as she is such a poppet :love::love:

Bic and Biro went up for checks, at least we have a definite sex for each now but at 14 weeks still no sign of plums for Bic. I was hoping that the concerns i had about their health were just paranoia and they could have their myxi, but the vet is also concerned at the amount they are drinking, their poos and the bloating in their tummies :( They have been admitted for 24 observation and blood tests.

So I am anxiously waiting for the phone to ring.....

Oh dear, this isn't so good news. :( Sending vibes for them all. At least the wee ones have each other for company.

I dunno.If it werent for our bunnies we would all be sane and rich...but there would be no RU.
Best of luck with all.xxxxxxxxx

The vet has called about bic and biro. They are still too small to get blood samples from. They are going to try again tomorrow but don't hold up much hope. They are still keeping them in for observation of drinking habits and bloating, especially in the evening. We may try a fecal sample if we can't get blood, but I really want a blood sample. It is so frustrating not knowing what is wrong with them.

Mini mouse is having her GA later this afternoon

Vibes for Mini, and sorry about the little ones. :( They looked as if they were coming on in the last photos you posted. I do hope they can be made better.

Vibes for Mini, and sorry about the little ones. :( They looked as if they were coming on in the last photos you posted. I do hope they can be made better.

They have put on quite a bit of weight :) They are still very underdeveloped but at least are no longer underweight for their size. The panacur seemed to help with their weight issues. But goodness knows what sort of inbreeding went on at the place they came from :(

Mini is fine :D:D:D

She had spurs burred and a loose molar removed. Her bloods all came back normal :D She really is a strong little bunny given her age and everything she has been through:love:

Hopefully we can bond her to somebun again next week. Shame Toby isn't castrated.

Back