• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spenser's free range a bit scary today!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
The problem with free range time is that Spenser doesn't understand that beyond a point the feeble hoomans get cold and need to put him back in his pen so that they can go in for a cuppa. :oops: I went to put the kettle in thinking Spenser was safe in his pen, but my parents decided to swap his mats round so that a slightly damp one could be put on the radiator ... I came out to find them running round the garden in fairly hopeless pursuits of an escaped Spenser. :shock: Can't crow too much, because the same thing happened to me when I was adjusting the bricks that prevent him from pushing down the panels. All is well now, except that Spenser is in the huff and would not even accept one of Liz's famous biscuits as compensation for being put to his hutch. :( He got far too close to the fence separating our garden from next door's Jack Russell for comfort.

Or even my travel cup - there's an idea! It stays warm for ages. I could even spoil myself by leaving the teabag in. :p

If I'm sitting out with the boys I take a cushion with a bit of wood under so at least I can sit on the step without getting a numb bum!

Why not just go all out? Take a box of teabags, buy a garden extension lead and buy a cheap kettle.

No need to go back in then :thumb:

A shed, I need a shed - with a proper loo.:D Do not mention the word camping to me. :evil::evil::evil: I grew out of camping before I grew into it. The other 75% loved it so I hadn't plenty of opportuntities to make sure I hated it. :evil:

A shed, I need a shed - with a proper loo.:D Do not mention the word camping to me. :evil::evil::evil: I grew out of camping before I grew into it. The other 75% loved it so I hadn't plenty of opportuntities to make sure I hated it. :evil:

Oooh. A shed....with an attached run? :p

Oooh. A shed....with an attached run? :p

Yes, I've got it all planned. :D If we take down a tree and slab the back of the garden, I just need to persuade them to substitue a shed for the planned summerhouse. Easy ... I wish.:lol: Change does not happen at speed in the Kingdom of Spenser. They have been thinking about a new living room suite for at least 15 years. :roll:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes, I've got it all planned. :D If we take down a tree and slab the back of the garden, I just need to persuade them to substitue a shed for the planned summerhouse. Easy ... I wish.:lol: Change does not happen at speed in the Kingdom of Spenser. They have been thinking about a new living room suite for at least 15 years. :roll:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like some people i know!! :roll:

Brilliant.

They could of had so much interest free credit in that time :lol:

oo spensers on the free range :lol: have you taught him "in" yet? :lol: i have a conservatory so i sit on a chair in the door way with a flask while they go nomming the grass, we have a JR next door to :lol: luckily our garden is very enclosed all i have to worry about is cats (as casper trys to eat them :shock: ) and birds of prey :roll:

:lol: i can just picture you freezing outside with your flask whilst he's having a whale of a time!
(huh, you wouldn't catch me doing something so daft when esme's out there:oops:)

I am also planning on moving mine into a kennel and run, my two keep taking themselves back to their hutch, they look at me as if to say if you want to sit out in the cold then do so but we are staying in here on our snuggle safes, thank you, and where's the food, hurry along now and fetch food.

oo spensers on the free range :lol: have you taught him "in" yet? :lol: i have a conservatory so i sit on a chair in the door way with a flask while they go nomming the grass, we have a JR next door to :lol: luckily our garden is very enclosed all i have to worry about is cats (as casper trys to eat them :shock: ) and birds of prey :roll:

No, we don't seem to speak the same language as Spenser. :roll: He does exactly as he likes, and will not even be bribed back with treats. :shock:

I bet Spenser was giggling away to himself when he made a break for freedom. How did you eventually get him back in then?

Alfie and Bubbles are way too easily bribed with food - I shake the food bag and the 3 of us have a race back to the kennel (usually the 2 of them run between my feet all the way back trying to trip me over :lol: ).

My bridge bun (Reggie, a norty nethie) wouldn't be persuaded so we would have to wait until he was fed up and jumped back into his hutch. :roll: :lol:

I've still not even attempted giving Leo and Lois outdoor free range time yet, there is not a hope in hell that I would get them back in :lol:

I bet Spenser was giggling away to himself when he made a break for freedom. How did you eventually get him back in then?Alfie and Bubbles are way too easily bribed with food - I shake the food bag and the 3 of us have a race back to the kennel (usually the 2 of them run between my feet all the way back trying to trip me over :lol: ).

My bridge bun (Reggie, a norty nethie) wouldn't be persuaded so we would have to wait until he was fed up and jumped back into his hutch. :roll: :lol:

It was all very undignified. :oops: My parents blocked the directions I really didn't want him to go in (towards next door's garden with the Jack Russell and behind the greenhouse) while I chased/herded him in. He can have a hutch and pen day today, in the interests of my blood pressure remaining normal.

It was all very undignified. :oops: My parents blocked the directions I really didn't want him to go in (towards next door's garden with the Jack Russell and behind the greenhouse) while I chased/herded him in. He can have a hutch and pen day today, in the interests of my blood pressure remaining normal.

don't blame you! i had an absolute nightmare trying to catch eric this morning to go for his dental check. ended up having to block his alleyway with a bookcase (yes, it was full!). he's got the hump big time now:roll:

esme has sneaked off outside and it does feel a bit warmer today so i'm leaving the door open and she can please herself when she comes in!

too tired to do any more chasing today....

Back