• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hayrack kept me awake!!

chul

Staff member
I just bought a wire/metal hayrack to go inside Bunskis crate in our bedroom, but I had to take it off him at about 2am, as it has banging against the crate when he used it.

It hooks at the top with two hooks, but could I attach it at the bottom with something to stop it banging? Any ideas!?

ETA: He did still have hay btw!!

Last edited:
I just bought a wire/metal hayrack to go inside Bunskis crate in our bedroom, but I had to take it off him at about 2am, as it has banging against the crate when he used it.

It hooks at the top with two hooks, but could I attach it at the bottom with something to stop it banging? Any ideas!?

Is it one of the foldable ones? If so, it should have a little hook at the bottom left/right (only one, depends how you looka t it).

If so, you can push that round so its behind one of the panel parts and it stop sit banging on the crate. B&G do the same.

Is it one of the foldable ones? If so, it should have a little hook at the bottom left/right (only one, depends how you looka t it).

If so, you can push that round so its behind one of the panel parts and it stop sit banging on the crate. B&G do the same.

Yes it is, I bought this one:

http://www.equinecaninefeline.com/catalog/super-manger-rack-with-salt-hanger-p-724.html

But the one that came is boredom brakes branded. Didn't actually think to look for a bottom hook, how stupid!

Yeah, same one. That bottom hook you can see can be moved slightly to sit behind one of the bars to stop it moving.

no idea what it was for, didnt think of a salt lick or something, but yeah, the large hook on the bottom left of that image.

Great, I'll try that. :D The package said it was for salt lick, but I don't use them.

:wave:

I have this problem too.

If the hook on the botton doesnt work, you can try using cable tie or some of those wire sandwich bag things to hold it down at the bottom.

One of my racks only has hooks on the top and none at the bottom, its also open at the back and makes an awful noise! :roll:

:wave:

I have this problem too.

If the hook on the botton doesnt work, you can try using cable tie or some of those wire sandwich bag things to hold it down at the bottom.

One of my racks only has hooks on the top and none at the bottom, its also open at the back and makes an awful noise! :roll:

I'm going to steal some cable ties from work incase the hook doesnt work! I just want one good nights sleep please Bunski!!

Back