• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Coldest night yet for Spenser - typo corrected!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
My Dad chnaged Spenser's water at 3am and it was frozen solid by 6am when I next checked him. :shock: He was sat on his fleece mats, bright-eyed and very pleased with his pellets. :love:I now have the puppy crate, giving us the option of bringing him in, but am still reluctant - he likes his hutch and routine. We know it was our coldest night yet not only because of Spenser's water but because one of the pipes froze, cutting out our heating. If I hadn't been up for Spenser at 6am it could have gone much further than it did, but Dad manage to thaw out the pipe and we are OK now. Roll on milder weather!

Last edited:
Crikey that's cold! Strangely it was much milder here last night and the first time in almost two weeks that the buns water bowls didnt freeze :shock:

Still having to take water to the stables 3 times a day though :roll:

They're worth it :love:

Bit warmer here today :) I was toying with the idea of putting Bramble into our outbuilding at the weekend, but he seems quite happy where he is, so may just leave him.

My Dad chnaged Spenser's water at 3pm and it was frozen solid by 6am when I next checked him. :shock: He was sat on his fleece mats, bright-eyed and very pleased with his pellets. :love:I now have the puppy crate, giving us the option of bringing him in, but am still reluctant - he likes his hutch and routine. We know it was our coldest night yet not only because of Spenser's water but because one of the pipes froze, cutting out our heating. If I hadn't been up for Spenser at 6am it could have gone much further than it did, but Dad manage to thaw out the pipe and we are OK now. Roll on milder weather!

Do you mean 6pm as thats a good few hours between freezing?

Do you mean 6pm as thats a good few hours between freezing?

No, the typo was 3pm, which I've now changed to 3am - my Dad actually got up in the middle of the night to check Spenser was OK! The water was totally frozen in 3 hours. Same again between 6am and 9am.

No, the typo was 3pm, which I've now changed to 3am - my Dad actually got up in the middle of the night to check Spenser was OK! The water was totally frozen in 3 hours. Same again between 6am and 9am.

Oh right lol. How knid of your dad to do that at 3 oclock in the morning!:love: :love:

Bless your Dad do you want to send him this way :love: :lol:

Our bowls were freezing within an hour or so of them being put out last night, definitely one of our coldest nights, but it was milder by morning :)

Back