• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sub cut/ IV fluids-best place to buy?

Nicola3

Mama Doe
Hi all,

I like to have a bag of sub cut/IV fluids in the cupboard in case of emergencies. I currently buy mine from my Vet at £13 a go. Just wondered if there was a more economical way of buying online etc?

Best wishes,

Nicola x

Last edited:
Hi Jane :wave:

Lovely to hear from you! Okies, will ask my vet for a prescription. Have just ordered some from my vet over the phone this morning, but wondered if it's more economical to buy online? Is £13 reasonable?

Lots of love to you and the buns x x x

P.S. I love your Jack signature Jane. :love::love::love:

Can't believe it's been four years.....

It was a year this August I lost my Harvey bun. Miss him so much.

Lots of love x x x

Hello :wave:

You only pay £6 a bag? Is that from the vet or online? Yes it's just sub cut fluids to nurse dehydrated buns when poorly.

x x x

I doubt it would be economical to get a prescription from your vet because they will charge you for writing one out, and then you have the cost of buying the meds (plus postage if you buy online)

Well sounds like I'm paying double! Amazing, how drastic prices vary from vet to vet. My vets are pretty pricey, but then I don't know any other practice in Plymouth I would trust my bunnies with.

x x x

Back