• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny rooms/sheds decor

pigsforlife

Mama Doe
:wave:

As it is looking very likely that the buns will get their own room in the new place, I was contemplating how to set it up. They will have their 6ft home base but not sure what else. So I was after some pics or ideas of either the inside of your bunny sheds or the inside of your bunny rooms.

No one replied so I haven't really got far.

So far all I have thought of is their cage, then a rug on the floor. I was thinking maybe a chair that could couple as something they use and something for me to sit on when I am in there with them. Not sure.

I think the thing mine like a lot is the ottoman. I use it to store their food but they also jump on top of it and sleep there or then jump onto the windowsill and have a nosey. Up and down, they love it.

I personally thing things to jump on and off of and things to hide under are better than lots of toys. To me toys clutter up the space and mine rarely play with toys anyway. So their rooms may look a little sparse but things they don't look like toys are toys to them.

This is basically the lionheads room although it's changed a bit since this. They no longer have the blanket, I had to throw it out, have ordered them one of tracy's fleeces.

_IGP0564-vi.jpg

and by the door is this...

Photo0494-vi.jpg

I don't have a wide view of the lops room but they have this crate...

Photo0456-vi.jpg

A ramp to my bed

Photo0480-vi.jpg

and a blanket by my bed and a small tunnel under my bedside table. I want to get one of those green plastic tunnels and put it under my bed at the head end so they can do a circuit round the room. They aren't allowed under my bed so I have plastic crates under there to stop them.

I love your idea of having a room for the bunnies as it is easier to spend time with them.

Cassie and Oakley live in what used to be our dining room. They have a base, litter trays and fleecy blankets due to having dodgy rex hocks. They also have tunnels, toys and a cardboard box which they love chewing on, especially when I am trying to sleep :lol:. I have a blanket box to store their stuff in. Here is a picture of their base area:

CIMG0563.jpg

I use a shed for fostering which has a couple of kids tables with the legs reduced for them to hop up on which they enjoy. They have their toys, tunnel and a covered litter tray to snuggle in when its cold. This is the shed:

CIMG1714.jpg

Hope it goes well with the bunny room :wave:

mine have a shed plus run.

In the shed they have
- their hutch which is good for sitting on/sleeping in/crawling under
- a cat tree which they like to sit in/climb on
- a treat ball which I put some of their pellets in.
- various toys
- tunnels
- a litter tray with hay rack hanging over.
- pegs on the walls for hanging bags of hay, cleaning brushes, etc.

They love everything but tunnels and small spaces (like under the hutch) are a firm favourite.

This is brilliant! Thanks guys :D Exactly what I was looking for. If anyone has anything else to add, that would also be great.

Back