PDA

View Full Version : Microchips

loppy ears
08-12-2010, 06:45 AM
Do rescues scan rabbits which are found or handed in? And is it a good idea to have a rabbit chipped?

mini lop1
08-12-2010, 11:19 AM
i have my bunny chipped, our vets if a rabbit is taken in found always scans for a chip

Tasmin's MOB
08-12-2010, 11:37 AM
I know the RSPCA does as they micro chip all of the rabbits that come to them so if they find stray buns they always scan them.

Is it expensive to have it done?

mini lop1
08-12-2010, 12:14 PM
I know the RSPCA does as they micro chip all of the rabbits that come to them so if they find stray buns they always scan them.

Is it expensive to have it done?

sometimes the rspca centres or vets have discounts on, i know rght now my vets is charging only 6 a microchip, wen i had locks doen it was only 3 as they over charged me for rosie treatment then realised and knocked price off for that

Tasmin's MOB
08-12-2010, 12:33 PM
sometimes the rspca centres or vets have discounts on, i know rght now my vets is charging only 6 a microchip, wen i had locks doen it was only 3 as they over charged me for rosie treatment then realised and knocked price off for that

Wow 6! I was expecting it to be 'mega' expensive! :shock:

I think it is well worth having it done.

Stator
08-12-2010, 12:45 PM
I've had all of mine done, it was about 20 each but worth it. I know not all places will scan, but some places will and it's worth it just for the chance they might.

mini lop1
08-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Wow 6! I was expecting it to be 'mega' expensive! :shock:

I think it is well worth having it done.

yes they usually charge 12.99 but every few months or soo they do discounts on either microchips, vaccinations or neutering

LionheadLuver
08-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Milly and Molly are both microchipped because they go into boarding once a year, so if they escaped, I can feel slightly better that I'd get them back. If they weren't boarded, I probably wouldn't microchip.

Jenson
09-12-2010, 01:29 AM
Yes, when he went in for neuter Friday. Indoor bun but I can't help but worry if he escaped. Cost 11 ish.