• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question for Rescues- Do you get many bunnys handed over to you from the vets?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Just wondering- do rescues when registering with the vets get many requests from the surgery to take bunny's in need?

Thanks.

I'm not a rescue, but in answer 2 your question. We have only been asked to take in 4 over the past 2 years. 2 by our own vet and 2 by other vets.

Were a sanctuary too and have taken in a couple of rabbits from the vets too- most recently Katie.
We have also taken in cats and a goat for the vet.

I have taken many rabbits from our local chain of vet practices. Some of the rabbits come directly when they've been signed over to the vet or brought in as a stray or the owners have been referred to us directly.

I'd say this is the biggest source of our rabbits from rehoming, in particular because we don't advertise anywhere except rabbitrehome.

Not a rescue but my vet has rung in the last few weeks asking for a rescue's number for someone to get a partner for their bunny so I can imagine it can work both ways. Rescues may get more homes perhaps as well.

Back