• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you ever feel like a bad bunny mummy?

:wave: i dont think your a bad bunny mummy, you tried to make them all happy as a group but it wasnt to be, at least they all have a friend:)
I felt bad this morning i told charlie to be quiet last night, he was chewing away on his cardboard box at 2am and im ill and tired but this morning i woke up to find him and delilah snuggled on my pillow right next to me so i gave him loads of cuddles and snuggles:roll::D

Hi Rachel,

Please dont beat yourself up about it. You have shown that you are a brilliant bunny mummy by trying to bond them. :D

I do question myself sometimes if im a good bun owner but ive decided that if im worrying so much, it shows I care & im doing my best. :love:

:wave: If you are a bad bunny mummy, then I am an evil one:shock:

As you know, I tried to bond a very poorly Tulip to an over humpy Tiesto. Tulip lost weight and was too stressed by it all, so I had to split them. I know you tried for the same reasons as I did. There was not one thought in my head of "I will be an evil, nasty, Mummy just so I can laugh at them being miserable!" I will bet millions that you didn't think like that either. There is a quote from Sky-o somewhere that I love. Hang on...

Honey will come round to you again.

Have you thought about re-bonding Honey and Blue, kinda confining them to a small space and all the other bonding tricks until they are a bit more loved up?

ETA here it is
You are not making things worse. I think that you have to remember that bunnies are bunnies with their own personalities and they don't always co-operate with us, other bunnies, or even with themselves :)roll:).

You're doing all you can to do the best for them. Sometimes we try things and it doesn't work, or it takes longer than we would like, but that's ok.

It's all about learning, which is what you are doing :)

This is the second time I have quoted this on different threads:oops: I hope she doesn't mind:lol:

Last edited:
I feel like a bad bunny mummy every moment of the day . . because I know that each of my buns should have an acre of land instead of the runs they have - and each should have my sole attention 24/7 - instead of having to share it with all the other buns (and there are a lot of them:oops::oops:), and I know that each should be able to wander happily through their own huge gardens of wild food and choose what they want . . .

Its just because we all know what paradise would be like for a bunny that we all feel bad - but actually we are all giving out buns so much more than they might have had had they not come to us (if you see what I mean) - we should all stop feeling guilty all the time!.

Thnkyou I feel much better but still quite guilty :(

That quote from sky-o is brilliant and very true :wave:

I don't know wether to send them off to somone more eperienced of leave them as they are.

i certainly have them days hun, we can only do what we believe is right for our buns and that in itself means we are not bad bunny mums cus we put them first every step of the way :wave:

Dont worry, your a good Bun mum....

We all have to do the trial and error thing all the time.. We can take advice and try it out but sometimes what works for one isnt going to work for another... I think your wonderful because you have your rabbits welfare at heart.. Thats what makes a good Bun mum.. We have all heard the stories of the poor rabbits that dont have good owners who care about them.... YOU DO.... Your rabbits are blessed... You tried it didnt work, love and patience will have your rabbits settled again in no time :D

I do... :cry: Like today, poor Cookie had a sticky bum and I felt so bad having to wash her. I know I'm helping her -but does she know that..? And I feel so bad putting her in her cage at night - she just sits and looks at me. :oops:

I'm having those days at the minute, with Dolly's tail getting wet, racking my brains why and doing all I can, hope a vet check up will shed some light, I had to wash her yesterday, dry her with the hairdryer, I didn't want to leave her whilst it's cold but at the same time didn't want to warm her up then put her back outside, so I did it whilst temp was at it's moderest during the day...they're such a worry :?

Back