• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wanted: Any elderly bunnies on free ads

raine

Warren Veteran
There are a couple of outstanding homes for elderly bunnies. 6+
One for someone I know and another for a new member. There aren't any on the database.

If you see any old bunnies on free ads etc., can you let me know.

I know Celia doesn't get a chance to put all bunnies on, are there any elderly bunnies at Kirkby. Do the volunteers know

Last edited:
I don't know of any at Kirkby but I've not been up for a while. It might be an idea to PM Tracy cause I know she goes more often.

Lorraine, can I add a request too - I know someone looking for an older female outside bun to go with a 7 year old lad.

12:shock::shock::shock: wow thats pretty good!!

Reminds me of someone I met the other day who explained that her 83 year old partner has just moved in with her - they have been 'partnered' but living in separate houses for the last 15 years but have decided to actually make if official and move in together now. She is about 65 I think.

She was anxious that he would take over her kitchen as he loves cooking!

12:shock::shock::shock: wow thats pretty good!!

Reminds me of someone I met the other day who explained that her 83 year old partner has just moved in with her - they have been 'partnered' but living in separate houses for the last 15 years but have decided to actually make if official and move in together now. She is about 65 I think.

She was anxious that he would take over her kitchen as he loves cooking!

12 years is more of a guess-timate than a definite age, but he looks every minute of his years...poor little guy has arthritis, glaucoma and cancer :(

He came into rescue around the same time as the big Freshfields rescue some years ago (I forget exactly when that was). I think he was a retired stud buck from some breeder in Lancashire.

Celia has a couple of old rex girls. Exact age isn't known, but they are both old girls and came in at the same time from the same place. I'm sure they've been there for at least a year. I think Celia was expecting that they'd live out the rest of their lives in the rescue as they are old ladies so usually get overlooked. :(

This is one of them, but they both look the same. They don't live together. Both females lost their partner (sister) earlier in the year.

13_Rex%20Doe%20bonded%20with%20Rex%20Buck.jpg

Celia has a couple of old rex girls. Exact age isn't known, but they are both old girls and came in at the same time from the same place. I'm sure they've been there for at least a year. I think Celia was expecting that they'd live out the rest of their lives in the rescue as they are old ladies so usually get overlooked. :(

This is one of them, but they both look the same. They don't live together. Both females lost their partner (sister) earlier in the year.

13_Rex%20Doe%20bonded%20with%20Rex%20Buck.jpg

what a lovely girl -do you know if speyed / and suitable as indoor bun with a 6year old neutered husbun ?
my boy lost his partner 3 weeks ago and it's either find him a home or find him company as he misses her so much -he was used to a big frenchie lady but i would prefer an easier to lift and handleable doe -do you know what their temperment is like -i believe somne rexes can be rather difficult ?

Its sad that elderly bunnies are needing homes or partners. At least we might be able to match some with homes.

Yes I always find it very sad, when older buns end up sitting for months or even years in rescue.
I do hope some of the older buns do find homes soon and could maybe settled before Christmas.:)

A six year old, male, grey/blue lion-lop came into the Isle of Wight RSPCA last week. He's got some kind of dental problem which requires attention and he's not neutered but I presume he will be done by the centre soon.

I know the island is a bit of a trek for most but I thought I'd post his details for you guys anyway! He's a lovely little bun. :love:

Back