• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grass

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
I was going to go down to the garden (shared as I live in flats) and cut Milo some grass. I am 99% sure that the gardeners don't use any chemicals on the grass and wondered if I gave it a good wash it would be ok to give him?

If you are sure it is herbicide free then yes it will be fine, as long as no local cats/dogs have been soiling it! :):wave:

If Milo has not had grass before you must introduce very slowly to being with.

If you are sure it is herbicide free then yes it will be fine, as long as no local cats/dogs have been soiling it! :):wave:

If Milo has not had grass before you must introduce very slowly to being with.

I will check with the estate manager but I am sure they don't use anything on it. Dogs can't get in there because its fenced. Just have to worry about cats and foxes but thought I could just wash it really well.

I will only give him a very small amount. How much would you suggest?

I will check with the estate manager but I am sure they don't use anything on it. Dogs can't get in there because its fenced. Just have to worry about cats and foxes but thought I could just wash it really well.

I will only give him a very small amount. How much would you suggest?

If he's never had it before - then just half a handful and then no more for 2-3 days. If no upset then you can give a whole handful and again wait a few days. If still ok you can feed it every other day and then build it up from there to as much as he likes. :D

Well that was a wasted trip down stairs. I put the grass down he had a sniff and hopped away :( If the neighbours didn't think I was nuts collecting snow last week then they will now!

Sorry it didn't go well. :( Bunnies often take a while to properly notice and show an interest in something new (well, mine does!). Does he have readigrass at all? Spenser has been getting a handful daily since the grazing season finished.

I'm not sure where to buy readigrass? I have looked at the pet store but couldn't see any :( I left the bowl on the floor in case he wants to have a little nom later on. He is currently de-contaminating himself after I just picked him up :)

He's eating it now. Apparently I had it in the 'wrong' bowl :roll: It wasnt until I put it in his food bowl that he started to eat it :?

I'm not sure where to buy readigrass? I have looked at the pet store but couldn't see any :( I left the bowl on the floor in case he wants to have a little nom later on. He is currently de-contaminating himself after I just picked him up :)

www.thehayexperts.co.uk sells readigrass :wave:

It is high in calcium and quite dehydrated so again should be introduced slowly and bun must have access to plenty of fresh water. If bun is already having quite a lot of pelleted feed (high in calcium already) then readigrass should be controlled and fed alongside normal hay :)

Back