• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vent your anger about the freezing cold weather HERE!

mimi g

Warren Scout
Hi Guys

Just needed somewhere to vent my anger and frustration over the recent cold weather!

Ive had enough now...afew days of snow was a novelty (and pretty) but now it is getting ridiculous.

Everytime I go in the bunnyshed I feel soooo bad for them (especially when they were previously house buns)....their water bottle is always freezing and now with the snow laying on the ground and not moving due to the minus conditions, the damp in the air is getting into my shed and then freezing on the roof and the windows ...inside. Even my car was frozen on the inside yesterday.
Im doing all I can giving them blankets, lots of straw, hay and extra food but I feel like im fighting a loosing battle.
They always seem happy to see me like normal and have each other to snuggle, thankgod, I just wish there was more I could do....but its looking like I could be jobless shortly so any hopes of insulating the shed are looking very unlikely.

Boo was due to be spayed shortly as she is turning 6mths old now but im worried about getting her done in such artic conditions because they will have to stay in the house for afew days and then move back out....I cant keep them in the house permanently as we are moving in with in-laws shortly.
xx

FEEL FREE TO JOIN IN ME IN A GOOD OLD RANT - GET IT OFF OF YOUR CHEST :lol:

I HATE WINTER :censored:

I hate the cold, the current arctic conditions and how it feels like its dark all the time. Cleaning the hutch in the dark, worrying about getting hold of hay etc, I worry about the buns all the time! I try and go out as much as I can to give them free range time, but its so difficult when its so dark and cold all the time.

Worst thing is we have several months left before even a sniff of spring!:censored:

(By the way about insulation - I've just bought a tubular heater from Argos for £30 to have in the shed. Works a treat - keeps the edge off the cold and stops the water bottle freezing. If no electric, B&Q sell sheets of polystyrene insulation for under £2 each.)

I hate it tooo!
Its so cold today that there is ice on the inside of the windows in my house! That has happened before but usually only at night. It hasn't lasted into the day before.

I can't wait for summer!

I dont mind it :oops: But i live in a ski resort so its kinda the best time of year here and the council deal with the snow and ice problems exceptionally well as they expect it every year :D

I do feel for those of you with outdoor buns though, it must be such a worry :shock: Fortunately mine are indoor, theres no way they could survive outdoors, it was -27 here the other night :shock:

Fortunately mine are indoor, theres no way they could survive outdoors, it was -27 here the other night :shock:

:shock::shock::shock:

Ok now THAT is cold. Makes our weather sound almost balmy in comparison!:lol:

Hope you have good heating and are keeping warm and cosy Gemmapookie!

I'm fine with it when I can stay in keep warm and potter around, when I've got to go out or anything it really irritates me - I hate scraping the car, hate defrosting the bird bath everyday, hate reheating snugglesafes - however I do quite like that there are no flies or mossies around :p

I dont mind it :oops: But i live in a ski resort so its kinda the best time of year here and the council deal with the snow and ice problems exceptionally well as they expect it every year :D

I do feel for those of you with outdoor buns though, it must be such a worry :shock: Fortunately mine are indoor, theres no way they could survive outdoors, it was -27 here the other night :shock:

I went Skiing in Val Thorens in January....it was fab.
The council really do wonders over there to keep things moving, makes UK looks stupid when we so much less snow.
Its a nice cold, I never believed my boyfriend when he told me that, but when that sun comes out on the mountains its lush! x

Thankyou Debster :wave: We're keeping very cosy and have the heating on 24/7 for the buns :oops:

mimi g, iknow exactly what you mean about it being a different kind of cold. Its fresh and crisp and ur always dressed to the nines in snow gear so its just really beautiful. Theyve just put all the xmas decorations and twinkly lights up here, it looks like something off the front of a chocolate box :love:

Seeing as I fell in the snow last week & cracked a few ribs......the snow & I are not on speaking terms. :lol:

brrrrrrrrrrrrrr freezing cold heating on as old victorian flat can't have double glazing whats the point ebony has a run full of straw covered in an old duvet i might join her soon

I am absolutely completely ******* sick of this ******* ****ting weather. And I wish the people that have shoveld all the snow out of their drive ways and onto the pavement would **** off. I mean how ******* stupid and thoughtless can people be ?
I have been walking my two small girls to school in the morning, and as most of the pavements are blocked off because of all the mountains of snow that have been dumped there by people clearing their driveways I am having to walk with my girls in the road :evil::evil::evil: why not just put the snow in the front garden ?? **** heads :evil:

I'm getting a bit fed up with dealing with frozen poo (horse) and frozen buckets, dishes, bowls.
And tottering around on 6 inches of compacted snow/ice wherever I go.
And having 'hat' hair
And the fact that we aren't allowed to put grit down at the stables
And that my horse has awful mud fever despite being out for no more than 3 hours a day with no mud around for the past 2 weeks.
and that the buns are oblivious to the fact that its at least -5 when its time for them to go in.
that's about it.

I am absolutely completely ******* sick of this ******* ****ting weather. And I wish the people that have shoveld all the snow out of their drive ways and onto the pavement would **** off. I mean how ******* stupid and thoughtless can people be ?
I have been walking my two small girls to school in the morning, and as most of the pavements are blocked off because of all the mountains of snow that have been dumped there by people clearing their driveways I am having to walk with my girls in the road :evil::evil::evil: why not just put the snow in the front garden ?? **** heads :evil:

I couldn't agree more! I have a tiny path that we have managed to keep clear up to my gate. The mountains on either side are almost 3 feet. The ******* that have cars keep parking right in front of it so I can't get out.

We had about another 8" of snow yesterday, and now it's trying to freeze us!

Schools were all shut here today, and my kids won't be there tomorrow either. Conditions are *****.

Of course, no buses again. I'm fast running out of food here! Haven't had buses or post for about 10 days. And I need medical supplies through the post for my daughter.

And I slipped yesterday and jarred my spine.

That feels a bit better now that rant is over :lol::lol:

Last edited:
:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:
STUPID STUPID :censored:ing WEATHER
ITS FLAMIN' FREEZING OUTSIDE
YESTERDAY I FELL FOUR :censored:ING TIMES ON MY BACKSIDE AND HAVE HURT MY BACK,WRIST,LEG and ARM !!!!!!!!!
AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I POINT BLANK REFUSE TO GO ANY FURTHER THAN THE SHED !!!
THE WHOLE TOWN IS ON STANDSTILL !!!!!!!!

.....but school is closed ...:D.... who cares...I wouldn't have been going anyway...:evil:

/rant

*AAAAAND BREATHE*

Oh Bunny People....you are making me feel almost warm inside by venting your anger along with me.....

ALL TOGETHER NOW
This will only be funny if you have seen Bad Boys 2

WHOOOOSAAAA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTGdAGPDBpo&feature=related

mimi g, iknow exactly what you mean about it being a different kind of cold. Its fresh and crisp and ur always dressed to the nines in snow gear so its just really beautiful. Theyve just put all the xmas decorations and twinkly lights up here, it looks like something off the front of a chocolate box :love:

I got abit carried away with the amount of layers I wore and had to do a slight striptease half way down a mountain when the sun came out. LOL

I can't keep warm and we have the heating on all the time, I'm freezing in bed Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:(

*Ah that's better*

I HATE WINTER :censored:

I hate the cold, the current arctic conditions and how it feels like its dark all the time. Cleaning the hutch in the dark, worrying about getting hold of hay etc, I worry about the buns all the time! I try and go out as much as I can to give them free range time, but its so difficult when its so dark and cold all the time.

Worst thing is we have several months left before even a sniff of spring!:censored:

)

THIS!!!!!:lol::lol::lol: I feel exactly like this!!!

I have lots of fires on thankfully in the house else i'd be freezing!

I found it quite warm in my trespass jacket i bought for cleaning out the buns and riding gloves, but before that it was absolutely unbearable.

Doing the water bottles in the morning is pretty chilly though!

Lost two days pay last week as school was closed :(

I spend every morning before work defrosting bottles/sorting bunnies out then at least half hour de icing and warming the car up.Have to set off extra early so we aren't late as driving so slow.

People then turn up at work who are due to start in the pm, LATE,who have no kids or animals to sort out,then spend 15 minutes in the bathroom getting changed.Nice if you can get half hour as least knocked off your shift every day and get it paid :evil::roll:

Come in from work and freeze sorting bottles etc out again and have to cover the buns up early as it's so cold so they are not happy either.

Heating bill will no doubt be horrendous :?

Fed up of working in the cold too (brand new building as well!) then people stand next next to the automatic doors to freeze us a bit more.
Customers moaning about pharmacists being late so they can't get their prescription at bang on 9am when they have been waiting outside since 8.30 and say the weather is no excuse :roll:

Fed up of falling over/trying not to shriek every time i or the boy slip.

People driving like idiots then sliding down the road and missing my car by literally inches as i am parked up waiting outside school (if everyone else got down the street safely so can they!) :evil:

Neighbours (who choose not to work) not coming out and helping me (yes me) and the blokes of the street clear the cul de sac but then clearing themselves a little path by throwing all the snow onto our drive meaning hubby couldn't get on the other day after he had already cleared it and leaving everywhere else like an ice rink so the boy fell over :evil:

I think that's it for now :oops::oops::oops:
I am so fed up of it all!!!!!!!!

Back