• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gemma prefers straw to hay

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
Because the weather has been so awful I didn't go to the local country park last week to pick up my usual bags of hay so things were a bit dire.

Only had a few minutes in between jobs so dashed into my local garden centre which sell pet supplies and they didn't have the hay I usually buy due to the snow so I bought two bags of straw and the last bag of Cost-a-Lot Organic Hay.

I put the straw in the hutches to keep them warm and the hay in for nomming. Peggy and Sue are Very Clever Bunnies and got the idea straight away. They were soon nomming enthusiastically:love:

After work I cleaned out my indoor buns Gemma and George's litter tray, added wood litter, then a layer of straw (Pippa the kitten thinks she is a rabbit and uses the tray to urinate in) and then two layers of Cost-a-Lot Organic Hay, telling them what a treat it was for them.

Gemma jumped in, dug down and down and started happily nomming the straw!!! Grrrrrrr!! She looked very proud of herself too. So much for special, expensive hay. No doubt that will be used for messing on.:(

Well I've just had a look at the litter tray and some of the hay has disappeared so somebun must have decided it was worth nomming - unless it was Pippa - which wouldn't surprise me. She really does think she is a bunny!! I am hoping George has been tucking in and being more sensible than his wife!

Back