• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys of the furry type!

clarebear

Mama Doe
Yesterday I gave Bramble a little fluffy toy bunny for company. I think he is in love, as he's been grooming her all day. Now I'm a bit worried as to whether this is okay or not?

I'd only give it supervised in case he chews it and ingests it or the stuffing or any eyes or bits that can be chewed off.

All my bunnies have had soft toys prior to bonding. Just ensure it doesn't have small parts. None of mine destroyed their buns, Max used to runa round the house with his in his mouth..Now he just runs around with egg boxes. :lol:

I think it's fine xxx

http://www.vagavalley.co.uk/bunnysupplies/soft_toys.html

As stated on item description, just check the toy regularly to ensure it's not damaged etc.

See even that I would only give supervised personally. I gave Smudge vetbed and he ate some of it so he'd make a right mess of that.

Also is Bramble neutered? Sometimes giving them a toy to erm, hump, means that they can get in the habit of humping so any potential bond in the future may be harder. Gray's right a partner if possible is better ;)

I've no experience of this, but from what I've seen on here some bunnies are absolutely fine with furries - minilop 1's Locksley for example. I have to say it's something that would make me a bit paranoid. Spenser seems quite content with grooming his fleece blankies, but these have no loose fibres.

Would love to eventually get him a 'real' friend.....just thought a furry might be nice. Bramble hasn't been neutered yet, but there has been no 'humping' as yet, he just grooms, as he does everything else - except me!

He had chewed the bunny or anything, I was just worried about him injesting the fur.

Can't really afford another bunny at the moment, but hopefully will be soon.

Back