• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What foods are fattening?

for rabbits?

are you trying to slim a bunny down or fatten it up?

sugary treats can be fattening for rabbits and carrots can be fattening for rabbits if given in excess.

But rabbits need extra energy this cold weather and I wouldn't advise reducing any food unless your vet has said you should.

Rabbits can be given a type of porridge to help put on weight- I suggest you ask someone like Hugo's there for the recipe.
sue:wave:

Many foods that are considered fattening contain too much of the saturated fats, and these are not required by the body at all.There are some forms of fish that may be considered as a fattening food when looking at their food label.

Looking to put weight on a skinny bun!

She has as much hay as she can wrap her little gnashers around and a mix of SS and Excel pellets.

Just wondering what else is good for weight gain. Had heard of porridge being good but not seen a recipe for it yet!

a tsp of pure oats mixed with a bit of cooled boiled water and left to soak for 5 mins :wave: you could add a bit of honey or banana :wave:

Tried the porridge for the last two days and shes not keen on it, have only given her a small teaspoon (unsoaked measure) and with some honey but shes not hugely fussed.

Indy thought it was his birthday and christmas rolled into one :roll: :lol:

Any other ideas? :)

Dry wholemeal toast I think they suggest. I have never had to fatten a bun up though, so would like my comment seconded if anyone knows it to be right.

I let mine have a tiny bit of cake or cookie sometimes though. I am a norty mummy :oops:

:lol:

Any threads where someone is saying "dont feed too much as it can put weight on" my little skinny-bun radar is just like "YESS! Brilliant..."

Im quite put out that she doesnt like her porridge... i hate the stuff but thought this tasted quite nice:lol:

Back