• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bring Them In?

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
Do I bring my 3 inside from the minus 7 temps outside. I am so so worried about them. Its so cold, ive tried insulating, and filling it full of hay.
But it still seems so cold.

If I was to bring them theyd have a lot smaller space about 4ft x 4ft in total :(

it must be cold beacuse they never leave the shed into teh run anymore

Only you can make the decision, but I sympathise with your concern, having an outside bun myself. They will be better off than Spenser, as there are three of them for snuggling. It was -8 here one night last week, and Spenser was OK. I change his water last thing at night and get up again at 6am to see he is OK. He always seems lively, but if your buns look unhappy maybe they should come in. The area you mention does sound a bit limited for 3. Would they be able to free range for a bit if you were supervising?

I worry about this too. ALthough ours have been out in their runs today - they are mad as I dont think it got above freezing all day! :shock:

Tonight is going to -7 here too and I am very worried about them. I know its meant to be going back to average temps at the weekend - or so they say - and if I brought them in - well the house would be chaos and constantly messy (or wet in Kenco's case :() and I think it would really stress them out to come in as we dont have any cool rooms. :(

I just hope they will be ok tonight and then we get average temps for the rest of winter - I would be happy with that!

They now have a 6x5 ft wendy house with a second level, they stay in all day and dont go into the run which is 8ft x 6ft
the only space i have is the middle of the spare room which wold be 5 x4.5 at a push.
They dont exactly seem miserable - they just dont seem to be doing much :(
I'm not around lots for them to free-range

I've been pondering this too, we're not allowed indoor pets although they were in our kitchen all last winter but it was a right faff having to move them out for the day when the letting agents came for their 12 weekly snoop :roll: (they had to go in the car to work with me - not good :( ) but I suppose they could come in, although i'm worried they'd start moulting, plus they'd get used to being indoors and i'd feel such a meany hoiking them back out again.

It's a tricky one, but it was -14 here a few mornings ago and they got through that so i'm hoping they'll be ok out there for the rest of the winter. I can't wait for my proper all weather hutch and run cover to arrive though! At the mo they've got bubble wrap, plastic sheet, foil backed blanket and a (frozen solid) quilt :?

I just saw that it is going to be -7 here tonight, now I am worrying about Bramble :( He seems perfectly happy, but I'd hate anything to happen to him .....really don't know what to do :(

Mine have been absolutely fine so far, and it's been about -10. They stay in the sheltered part and get snuggled up together in a big pile of hay and straw and a snugglesafe.
I'm sure they'll be fine outside, and it will be less disruptive for them.

warm hutches

Hi, Please see my post under the thread about stopping water bottles freezin.It also tells you how to keep bunnies cosy in the lowest temps.:wave: I keep eleven rabbits outside and have been keeping rabbits for twenty years so my tips may help. I hope so. Best wishes. Etta

Back