• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone use this "readi grass"

Its fine to feed mixed in with hay. Mine get a big pile of this a couple of times a week. I would give them it more but they wouldn't eat their normal hay then.

Helen xx

Its fine to feed mixed in with hay. Mine get a big pile of this a couple of times a week. I would give them it more but they wouldn't eat their normal hay then.

Helen xx

Thanks, do you think i could give them a small handfu l a day on its own in a sandwhich box?

Or would this stop them from eating as much hay? I cant decide if it will encourage them to eat more hay or if it will stop them eating as much hay :?

Last edited:
Thanks, do you think i could give them a small handfu l a day on its own in a sandwhich box?

Or would this stop them from eating as much hay? I cant decide if it will encourage them to eat more hay or if it will stop them eating as much hay :?

The only thing with ready grass isn't the fibre content but the fact it does have veggie oil in it which is probably great for digestion but makes it a bit less healthy.

It depends on the activity of your rabbits really as to how much should be fed. I would build it up from a handful to maybe 2 a day or like I do feed a decent pile a couple of times a week.

Helen xx

The only thing with ready grass isn't the fibre content but the fact it does have veggie oil in it which is probably great for digestion but makes it a bit less healthy.

It depends on the activity of your rabbits really as to how much should be fed. I would build it up from a handful to maybe 2 a day or like I do feed a decent pile a couple of times a week.

Helen xx

Thanks Helen :wave:

How active they are - their 2 insane little nethies! :lol: :love:

It's also high in calcium and protein I believe. I only give a small handful between two every other day or so.

i was thinking of getting some of this for my piggies for whilst they can't go out on the grass - don't want to spoil them tho in case they develop a taste for this and not hay as they eat so much it would cost a fortune:roll:

Back