• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor bunnies in winter....

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
.... obviously cant get outside for a run around can they???

Assuming they cant, do you think yours miss outside? Do you ever find them looking longingly at the great outdoors and feel sorry for them missing the fresh air and wind in their fur, snow between their toes and faces covered in the white stuff?

Just fact finding for when my babies come in!!

Some mummies bring basins of snow in for them to play with. ;) Would your conservatory be heated? If not it might not be much warmer than outside!

Daisy does sit and look out of the window but I don't think they miss out on space they still tear round the house and up and down the stairs :D They weren't impressed with the snow when I brought some in! Plus The Dudster loves heat!

Some mummies bring basins of snow in for them to play with. ;) Would your conservatory be heated? If not it might not be much warmer than outside!

It will be heated yes. My friend got one and it has special glass in it. She can sit in her conservatory in the winter... gonna look into that as it would be a very expensive addition to only be able to use a few months of the year. I've heard that they can be hot in the summertime and freezing in winter - how do you find yours?

Daisy does sit and look out of the window but I don't think they miss out on space they still tear round the house and up and down the stairs :D They weren't impressed with the snow when I brought some in! Plus The Dudster loves heat!

Hmmm air vs space - wonder what my two would prefer... I think it will be something Ill just have to try and hope I can sense how they're feeling.. :?

It will be heated yes. My friend got one and it has special glass in it. She can sit in her conservatory in the winter... gonna look into that as it would be a very expensive addition to only be able to use a few months of the year. I've heard that they can be hot in the summertime and freezing in winter - how do you find yours?

It's pretty Baltic - we didn't use it all in the winter until we got Spenser. That's why it would be a possibility for overnights without necessarily turning him into an indoor bunny. We do have a small heater that keeps the temp from dropping below freezing, but it is very, very cold.

It's pretty Baltic - we didn't use it all in the winter until we got Spenser. That's why it would be a possibility for overnights without necessarily turning him into an indoor bunny. We do have a small heater that keeps the temp from dropping below freezing, but it is very, very cold.

Hmmm - it's a big expense so I'm gonna do my homework really well on this one! The other option is to get a solid, proper roof on - I imagine a lot of the heat would escape through the glass on the roof... Baltic is def not what I'd be going for!!! :shock:

Hmmm - it's a big expense so I'm gonna do my homework really well on this one! The other option is to get a solid, proper roof on - I imagine a lot of the heat would escape through the glass on the roof... Baltic is def not what I'd be going for!!! :shock:

We've always accepted it as a summer thing, but then my parents are retired so have the whole April-September season to enjoy it (when they are actually in!). I expect having fitted in heating will up the original cost, but you may consider it worth it. There is a rash of conservatories in our street, and I think we are the only non-heated one.

We've always accepted it as a summer thing, but then my parents are retired so have the whole April-September season to enjoy it (when they are actually in!). I expect having fitted in heating will up the original cost, but you may consider it worth it. There is a rash of conservatories in our street, and I think we are the only non-heated one.

Back