• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D NO 43 poor casper :O

beccimarie

Mama Doe
just went to put casper and poppy to bed and its when the gets there pellets, casper ran to them excited but only nibbled a few :( so i gave him a crunchie and he ate it straight away, i dont know whether its because he is tired as he then went to sleep .. very odd of casper to leave his pelllets i hope he is ok :( think this means dental again.. hes 8 and not getting any younger each time he has dental im like a nervous wreck :cry::cry: oo my little boy :cry::cry: sorry very emotional about him :(

Last edited:
Does sound like it could be dental. :( Could you soften the pellets with warm water, as it sounds as if he's keen to eat them, just unable to? :?

I'm so sorry to read this. :( Poor little Casper, I have a BIG soft spot for your wee fellow. :love: It does sound like dental trouble. Keep us posted, and sending vibes for him from me and Spenser. :wave:

Does sound like it could be dental. :( Could you soften the pellets with warm water, as it sounds as if he's keen to eat them, just unable to? :?

yes i usally do that, he has had previous dental, but the first time he has GA was last time and it made a amzing difference he has been eating hay and grass like never before and now suddenly its all gone wrong :cry: i took him to the vets 5 days ago as he was squeking when he was eating, but he was sneezing aswell so she said her first thought would be its the snuffles gave him betrayil and he stopped sneezng after 3 doses but as soon as the antibiotics stopped he has been sqeeking again and now off his food so i say its dental :roll:

I'm so sorry to read this. :( Poor little Casper, I have a BIG soft spot for your wee fellow. :love: It does sound like dental trouble. Keep us posted, and sending vibes for him from me and Spenser. :wave:

thank you :cry: just seems as we have got so far now it start all over again :cry: poor casper wish he was never in pain :cry:

i dont know if he is off with me, as when i cracked my nose earlier i screamed and had to get them in quickly as i was bleeding, hope i did put him off me :roll:

i dont know if he is off with me, as when i cracked my nose earlier i screamed and had to get them in quickly as i was bleeding, hope i did put him off me :roll:

I think rabbits can also pick up on our anxieties, so although it's only natural for you to be worried this might not be helping. I suppose it's possible that having the snuffles and then dental trouble could be a coincidence, but maybe the vet missed something. Some dental trouble isn't so easy to spot - has Casper ever had root trouble?

I think rabbits can also pick up on our anxieties, so although it's only natural for you to be worried this might not be helping. I suppose it's possible that having the snuffles and then dental trouble could be a coincidence, but maybe the vet missed something. Some dental trouble isn't so easy to spot - has Casper ever had root trouble?

well, his molars are not perfect, because of his age my vet had only max of 20 mins to work on him, so she could not do all his back teeth, so she said when he goes down hill again we will give it another go, its all touch and go as with his respiratory problem and age she only operates unless its a emergancy, thats why he is not neutered :cry: why its so tramatising when he goes downhill, i will check him later i dont want him to think im worried though :oops:

Oh I hope he'll be alright for you. Bunnies are quite painful on your heart aren't they? Keep us posted about the little guy.

Oh I hope he'll be alright for you. Bunnies are quite painful on your heart aren't they? Keep us posted about the little guy.

Thank you, i got him out to see how he was and he is sqeeking all the time now and grinding his teeth, the vet gives me reguallar metacam for times like this so i gave him some.. hoping it will kick in for tonight, down the vets tomo.. intrestingly i gave him some warm wet pellets and some dried just incase he felt like dried ones and he scoffed all the wet ones and left the dried.. that tells me it must be dental :cry: his breathing is not very good either.. hw will he ever cope under GA :cry:

I'm so sorry, but at least he has managed to eat the softened pellets so will not be hungry through the night. He is lucky to have such a watchful and caring mummy. I think I've heard of bunnies having dentals under sedation rather than GA - would that be possible for Casper?

I'm so sorry, but at least he has managed to eat the softened pellets so will not be hungry through the night. He is lucky to have such a watchful and caring mummy. I think I've heard of bunnies having dentals under sedation rather than GA - would that be possible for Casper?

he has done before but to get to the very back molars they need to be under GA staying downstairs with him tonight and poppy, im so upset never want to see him in pain,set my alarm for every two hours :cry:

he has done before but to get to the very back molars they need to be under GA staying downstairs with him tonight and poppy, im so upset never want to see him in pain,set my alarm for every two hours :cry:

Thinking of you and him - and Poppy too, as she probably realises something is wrong. :(

ok 12:00 just been out and soft pellets gone again, so filled some more up, he was not sqeaking untill he moved, water gone too so i fille his bowl up, hope its was him and not poppy nomming the pellets, he seems brighter and is chaseing poppy, :) will check him in another 2 hours, this could be progress!!

ok 2:00 i caught him mounting poppy! he would not stop and he was making his breathing worse :cry: hes never done this before! so i had no choice but to seprate them... iv never done before :cry: so im going to sleep next to his cage now he has been getting through alot of warm pellets which is good as i dont need to stress him by force feeding, come on casper get through the night for mummy and poppy :cry:

4:00.. casper has been sneezing and squeaking :( iv been sick twice too :( this is awful, gave him some pear and he scoffed it down, and some juice water please dont leave me casper :(

Oh god what an ordeal you and Casper have been tgrough over night :shock: How is he now??
Loads of vibes for your beaitiful boy at the vets today xxxxxxx

Back