• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxi jab / cold weather

bunny babe

Wise Old Thumper
2 of mine are due their myxi and I am hesitant to get it done in case they become "under the weather" in all this cold and then get ill. Am I being paranoid?

Would you wait until this cold spell eases?

I really don't know the answer to this. Maybe it would be worth giving the vet a ring and seeing what they think?

Six of mine are due theirs tomorrow. They are all outdoor buns. One of them is poorly anyway. Unless the vet advises against, I will go ahead. I've had bunnies catch myxi in November one year and don't want to risk it. I'll take my vet's advice but I am worried. Feel whatever decision I make will be wrong.

I had all six of mine done that were due, even Sue, who is poorly. The vet came out to me, which made it less stressful for the buns (and me). I had five buns catch myxi one November so I didn't want them to miss their jabs.

The poor vet was in a short sleeve tunic - and I had set the table up outside where the buns are. I think he was very cold by the time he had finished:oops:

The buns have all been fine since, continued nomming as usual, even Sue.

Back