• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are vetbeds enough

loppy ears

Warren Veteran
I have outdoor buns and currently they have a layer of lino then newspaper, then a layer of straw, then towels, then vet beds and a fleece on top, do other people just use the vet beds without straw etc? They have litter trays with megazorb and unlimited supply of hays.

And they have snugglesafe at night when it gets colder.

:wave: Personally no I don't think it is enough at the moment - I'm sure you would prefer to snuggle right down underneath a duvet when it's really cold and not just sit on top of it. Vetbed will only keep the feet and bum warm but it doesn't completely surround the bun trapping air with it, so it doesn't really keep the whole animal warm.

I would suggest a cardboard box packed with straw which they can bury right into if they want to. Of course if you give it to them I'm sure that they won't use it :lol: but at least it's there if they want to :)

:wave: Personally no I don't think it is enough at the moment - I'm sure you would prefer to snuggle right down underneath a duvet when it's really cold and not just sit on top of it. Vetbed will only keep the feet and bum warm but it doesn't completely surround the bun trapping air with it, so it doesn't really keep the whole animal warm.

I would suggest a cardboard box packed with straw which they can bury right into if they want to. Of course if you give it to them I'm sure that they won't use it :lol: but at least it's there if they want to :)

Thanks Santa, they have a cardboard box, and some of those lounging logs turned onto their side with straw packed between the two to try to give some insulation, then the hutch is wrapped in tin foil bubble wrap, covered with tarp, but it is so cold, I keep going out and checking on them. They have lots of straw and hay.

i tried this and my maggie tore it to pieces within a few mins :lol::lol::lol:

Back