• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where can i get decent hay from?

I posted on the other one

Maybe ask horsey people at school? Do you know who they are? They'll know some local farms, and the quality available. Good luck.

yeah and someone said start a thread about hay in your area!

Ir you read my reply, I said you could get Pure Pastures in Scats - that's in Winchester. Otherwise, as also mentioned in your previous thread, you're better off getting it on-line - lots of different types given there.

Ir you read my reply, I said you could get Pure Pastures in Scats - that's in Winchester. Otherwise, as also mentioned in your previous thread, you're better off getting it on-line - lots of different types given there.

yes i read it, but people have said pure pastures is bad!

yes i read it, but people have said pure pastures is bad!

Personally, as I said before, I use Oxbow Western Timothy for eating. I buy this on-line. The Hay Experts are also highly recommended for different types of hay.

Hay experts is good for hay but it is expensive if you use hay as bedding. I go through quite a lot of hay because of my rabbit's sore hocks and it's the only thing I can bed her on. I get hay bales from my friend's farm for £3.50 which lasts me 2-3 weeks. I would ring around the farms in your area or any riding stables. Buying online is ok, but it is expensive, especially when you add P+P.

Back