• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ginger's poorly nose is back :(

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Off to the vets for both of them tomorrow now, rather than just one.

Biccy's having his myxi booster and Ginger's going in for her nose.

So stressed and tired at the moment. OH is going in for her operation on Wednesday, so i'm scared about that. Nan's funeral Thursday.

Could do with a pair of healthy bunnies to help me right now!

I'm sorry Ginger's nose is causing trouble again - certainly not what you need at the moment. Do you have to travel far for the funeral? Spenser is having a run in the conservatory just now, so will be posting more pics later.

Awww so sorry Gingers nose is poorly again :( Vibes for the vet visit xxx
Big hugs for Weds and Thurs aswell xxxxx

I'm sorry Ginger's nose is causing trouble again - certainly not what you need at the moment. Do you have to travel far for the funeral? Spenser is having a run in the conservatory just now, so will be posting more pics later.

Certainly not. Thing is, she's absolutely fine, it doesn't cause her any troubles, except when she has a sneezing fit. The vets have done tests and we've had meds etc, she's just got an over sensitive nose to boot, but the fact there is discharge suggests another infection, so probably yet another course of anti-biotics :(

Re funeral, yeah, a fair distance. 230 miles. About 3.5hrs drive. And my OH can't come with me, as its less than 24 hours after she'll of been under GA and will be in recovery from her operation. I hate being on my own :(

Why does *EVERYTHING* come at once?

You certainly don't have your troubles to seek at the moment! :(That's a very long way to travel on your own. Will OH be well enough to look after the buns?

I hope the weather improves for your journey. Even my area, one of the last to be affected, is now having schools closing, and I'm told the public transport system in Glasgow has almost ground to a halt.

Oh nooooo, you really are going through it just at the mo aren't you!

Sending vibes to you for your week ahead and hope that everything goes smoothly!

You certainly don't have your troubles to seek at the moment! :(That's a very long way to travel on your own. Will OH be well enough to look after the buns? I hope the weather improves for your journey. Even my area, one of the last to be affected, is now having schools closing, and I'm told the public transport system in Glasgow has almost ground to a halt.

i have no idea. I'm just praying so.

She'll be at home, and i'm making up a bed for her downstairs so she'll be in the room with them.

I'm only away for the day, im leaivng at silly o clock in the morning and will be back about 8pm i expect. I'm going to give them a bucketload of hay and feed them pellets/veggies before i go, so im sure they'll be okay.

Weather here is fine - we've had no snow to speak of really. The funeral is near london and its apparently almost all gone, so i expect no weather related issues.

Back