• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anybody got any idea's of the breed..

charl86

Alpha Buck
Of my new girl, I'm no good with these thing's, anybody got any idea's or is she just a general crossbreed? She's got very short fur but it doesn't feel velvety to me so I assume not like a rex:?, She's quite small (around 1.5kg) however she has a very long slender body-periscoping she can easily see to the top of a 2ft high run. She's also got a very long thin face. Here's some pic's....

CIMG1427.jpg

CIMG1415.jpg

CIMG1424.jpg

CIMG1411.jpg

CIMG1428.jpg

Most likely a general cross, but she does look alot like some black english i saw a while ago, how old is she, she is lovely:love:

:wave: thanks for the replies I'm clueless about breeeds!:oops: The rescue think she's around 6-12 months old, she was found as a stray so not sure

She does look very like a rex except for the fur, I would guess a rex cross, as rex's also don't have long whiskers like that. This is my rex, as you can see the shape of the head and body is very similar although Oidhche is bigger.

jdfckgl020.jpg

4-6-2010044.jpg

yes she does look quite rex like but as you say without the fur (lovely pic's by the way!) I thought she was quite hare like too as she very long and slender, I managed to find a pic of a black self english and it does look similar, I think she's quite a bit smaller though?- I'm assuming she's done most of her growing!

The more i look, the more i can not see rex or mini rex :? whiskers are too long and the fur is not rex fur at all by the looks of things.. :?

Id put my money on hare cross :wave:

When you stroke the fur backwards, is it harsh against your hand and flies back into place, or does it just roll slowly back into place?

If fly back, I'd say the rabbit is probably a self English (basically a pure english, without the spots). If roll back, then she could be a cross of a few different breeds

I'd say English aswell :wave:
She has the same sort of build of Delly, who was an English :)

027-4.jpg

My Oggie is also an English x Dwarf lop!

I'd also say an English black self..we had a litter of english in the rescue a while ago and 2 were blacks
Here's a pic of one of them, Jenkins:love:

DSC00789.jpg

I'd also say an English black self..we had a litter of english in the rescue a while ago and 2 were blacks
Here's a pic of one of them, Jenkins:love:

DSC00789.jpg

....and if she's anything like Jenkins and his brother Jester she'll run VERY VERY fast :lol:

She is lovely :love:

Back