• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving house with buns advise

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
We're moving house in January to our very own place (v exciting!)
Im really looking forwards to it but am anxious about moving the buns especially Timmy as this is the only home he has ever known and Mimi coz shes so nervous.
We're hoping to have all our new furniture in the place before we move in so that we can move the buns in then start dismantling our old furniture here. So atleast they wont have loads of banging and chaos around them (if all goes to plan!)
Im going to keep their daily routine up exactly and keep them very quiet for a few days but can you think of anything else I can do to make their move as stress free as possible?
Also am I right in thinking i need to keep them confined to their 'area' for a week or so before letting them free range to keep them litter trained? Dont want them marking their territory all over the place!

Thanks in advance :wave:

We will be going through the same process around the same time! We are virtually getting back from holidays and then have a week to move before the following two weeks which just happen to be some of the busiest weeks of the year for us!! Good timing huh :lol:

If it all slots together okay, the buns will be in boarding whilst we are on holidays and then I was just going to extend that by another 4-7 days. That way we can move, and not have to worry about stressing them out anymore. When we are all set up, and I have their room all set up, I will bring them home. I think it is important to have their new room set up totally before moving them over as that way I won't have to fuss around in there, and will be able to leave them to settle in. I am also leaving as much things as possible the same to help minimise stress - this way it won't be a totally new environment. I was also going to restrict their space whilst they retrain as I think they will lose all of their good toiletry habits in boarding.

Yeh thats what Im aiming for, they'll literally be tge last things we move in to our new place.
Leaving yours in boarding sounds like a good plan. They'll be far less stressed staying there when you move then move straight into your new place :D

Back