• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sneezing? Should we go to vet?

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Follwoing on from the Gruntly buns thread the other day, I've noticed last few days that Widget is sneezing a bit. I thought it was grunting at first but I think she's actually sneezing. Sprocket is as well, but he has always been a bit of a snuffly bun (the vet thought he had pasterlla when he was a baby but then decided it was most likely an allergy). Should I be worried? They're both eating well, binkying and seem otherwise fine. They seem to snuffle most when eating. Noses are a little damper than normal but not streaming. Is it something I should get them to a vet for ASAP, or just keep an eye on and take them if it gets any worse? Widget has only recently finsied a course of Baytril for her wound, so I'm a little reluctant to give her more meds if it isn't
necessary. :?

Thanks

Jo

i would get them checked out. if it is the start of a respiratory problem, they do tend to take hold quite quickly.

make sure your vet is rabbit savvy though, it does make all the difference. both my two have got respiratory problems.

true allergies are rare in rabbits so it is more likely to be a respiratory problem, although a change in hay, extra dusty than normal, could cause some sneezing, and some discharge aswell.

but after going through a nightmare with my two, i would get any sign that could be a problem checked straight away. :wave:

:wave: i got casper checked last week as he was sneezing, gave him a 5 day course of betrayil and by the 3rd course they had gone :) its worth catching this sort of thing early! good luck xx

Got an appointment for Wednesday. That's the earliest they could do. Seems to be mainly when they're eating. Hopefully they'll be okay until then. :?

Got an appointment for Wednesday. That's the earliest they could do. Seems to be mainly when they're eating. Hopefully they'll be okay until then. :?

yes casper was aswell, although my vet said it could be teeth aswell but she checked them and they are ok, maybe your vet could check his teeth just incase :) hope all goes well, let us know xx

Back