• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update Rabbit Rehome

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
I mentioned in the other thread that I'm hoping to update the main Rabbit Rehome site: www.rabbitrehome.org.uk over Christmas.

I know a lot of people here browse it or have adopted rabbits listed there so I'd like to know what new features you'd find useful.

Is there anything that would make searching for rabbits easier? One thing I have planned is to swap from searching by county to a postcode search so you can get better local results without lots of searches if you are near the county border. What other things would be good when your looking through the results or trying to find the right bunnies?

How about once you've found prospective bunnies? What would you like to do then? I was thinking perhaps people use booking tools to remember their favourites.. if so which do you use?

How about things like twitter/facebook? Anyone use those? I don't know much about them but I think you can share links? Would you share bunnies details there?

Any ideas? It can be really crazy or really simple.. even if it wouldn't be practical then it might spark other ideas.

How about a search within say 10 miles, 50 miles, 100miles etc of your postcode then you can decide how far you are willing to travel

I like the idea of a favourites or somthing similar. Eg if you are looking for a single female bun aged 2-3 and you see three or four you can save the ones you see and look at them together without having to keep going back and forward a few pages

Edit to say having just read Raven Rexes thread maybe there does need to be somthing to say that although the forum is for everybody it is a predominately rescue based forum. Just so that people know and any new people dont get jumped on if they ask questions about breeding?

PS you were up very early!!

Last edited:
I have always thought being able to search for special needs or specifically house bunnies would be useful :)

:wave:

As already said I think being able to narrow the search would be useful whether that be by type/age/sex of bunny, postcode etc.

I think a link from facebook/twitter to RR/RU would be good as I often click on links from facebook to other sites. Any additional ways of getting people to look at the site has to be good :D

I think the postcode idea is brilliant, I usually search Somerset and Devon because we're on the cusp but I get loads that are too far away.

Otherwise I think the site works pretty well. :)

Is there something that can be done for when we have a litter of buns in? I can't list them singularly as they can go with litter mates, but they can go on their own if they are to be paired with another bun. I never know if I should do them as a group or not. If they are listed as a group then they wont come up as bonded :?

The group of buns issue is a bit of an issue :lol: The trouble is its hard to explain to the computer they are boys and girls and single and bonded all at the same time. I will have a think about it. Maybe it need something separate for babies as at the moment any bun under 1 year is grouped together... might help people realise you can get babies via rescue.

The group of buns issue is a bit of an issue :lol: The trouble is its hard to explain to the computer they are boys and girls and single and bonded all at the same time. I will have a think about it. Maybe it need something separate for babies as at the moment any bun under 1 year is grouped together... might help people realise you can get babies via rescue.

It would be fantastic if you can highlight even baby buns come into rescue! We hear this all the time that babies never end up in them but we have 9 babies in at present!

Even if we could have baby boys in one group and baby girls in another it would help :)

I think the postcode idea is great too :D

I particularly like Hugo's there's suggestions too, being able to search specifically for special needs buns and indoor or outdoor buns would be useful :)

Defo an option on how far away the bun is

I also think it would be good if you had more information on different breeds, and the option to select more breeds in the search. And maybe an option to search already bonded rabbits

Defo an option on how far away the bun is

I also think it would be good if you had more information on different breeds, and the option to select more breeds in the search. And maybe an option to search already bonded rabbits

There is a box to select single/bonded already :)

Which breeds have you noticed missing? I haven't added some of the really rare ones but what's common changes so can add more in.

I thought it might be nice to maybe highlight a different group of bunnies (breed ages/needs etc.) each month in an article/blog post so we could maybe highlight a breed with details about care and some of the available bunnies.

Maybe specify which rescues will rehome nationally?

That's a good idea! I think I might organise some volunteers to contact rescues and get some basic facts about their adoption policies to add in. That way they'll also have to spend less time dealing with enquiries about things like how far they adopt and how much it costs etc.

Can we have a bit for mixed breeds? I.e can we chose to select a lionhead x dwarf lop for example instead of small, medium or large?

Can we have a bit for mixed breeds? I.e can we chose to select a lionhead x dwarf lop for example instead of small, medium or large?

Are there many combinations? If there are common mixes I could list those as breeds but if there are lots that would be a very long list to write them all down lol. I guess I could maybe have it so you can select two different breeds per rabbit?

Could you put something about bunny runs for the rescues who can arrange this as I was not aware that some people can get rabbits to people in another part of the country.

Are there many combinations? If there are common mixes I could list those as breeds but if there are lots that would be a very long list to write them all down lol. I guess I could maybe have it so you can select two different breeds per rabbit?

Well I was just thinking of a way to adapt the small, medium, large bit as I sometime have people asking how small small is.

:lol: its getting confusing now perhaps just leave this bit :)

I didn't realise you run that website too Tasmin. :) You do a great job. :thumb: This may already happen but if not then I think it would be a great idea to have 2 groups, new rescue arrivals and long term bunnies. So if someone is looking to rehome a rabbit that has been in a rescue for many months or years, they can find them easily just by selecting a button? :) Also maybe have a rescue bunny of the week and include them at the top of this forum. :D

Could you put something about bunny runs for the rescues who can arrange this as I was not aware that some people can get rabbits to people in another part of the country.

Yeah, I was just going to suggest having a section showing the rescue centres that rehome nationally. :) That way people will know there are even more bunnies available for them to adopt. :thumb:

Back