• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Dark Horses

Raven Rexs

Mama Doe
Nyx
salesandnewhares023.jpg

salesandnewhares026.jpg

salesandnewhares030.jpg

Dereck
babysandwebsitepics024.jpg

Ronny
babysandwebsitepics027.jpg

Jingle says "that looks like a hare to me not a horse" :lol::lol::lol:

DSC00621.jpg

"JINGLE get off that computer - you rescue bunnies are very norty sometimes":lol::lol:

:no: naughty Jingle :lol:

they are lovely buns. It's amazing that those slender front legs can support such big bunnies!!

:no: naughty Jingle :lol:

they are lovely buns. It's amazing that those slender front legs can support such big bunnies!!

There not all that big tbh about the same weight as a standard rex 3.5 - 5kg and thier thiner in build than a rex.

Please excuse my ignorance but are these Belgian Hares just black? :oops:
Im sorry I know nothing of these types of bunnies!

They have lovely faces though :love::love::love:

Well Belgian Hares are actually rabbits, they're called Belgian 'Hares' because of the long legs and slender Hare-like bodies :)

Yep thats true belgian hares make a nest and the babies are born Naked, helpless and blind and tbh they dont start looking hare like till there about 6wks old.

What belief is this? I've not come across this before:?

Eostre, the Celtic version of Ostara, was a goddess also associated with the moon, and with mythic stories of death, redemption, and resurrection during the turning of winter to spring. Eostre, too, was a shape–shifter, taking the shape of a hare at each full moon; all hares were sacred to her, and acted as her messengers. Cesaer recorded that rabbits and hares were taboo foods to the Celtic tribes. In Ireland, it was said that eating a hare was like eating one’s own grandmother — perhaps due to the sacred connection between hares and various goddesses, warrior queens, and female faeries, or else due to the belief that old "wise women" could shape–shift into hares by moonlight. The Celts used rabbits and hares for divination and other shamanic practices by studying the patterns of their tracks, the rituals of their mating dances, and mystic signs within their entrails. It was believed that rabbits burrowed underground in order to better commune with the spirit world, and that they could carry messages from the living to the dead and from humankind to the faeries."
;) i know my religion

:love::love:
Just stunning!
I so love seeing your hare pics as we don't have them here,
well we have the gorgeous wildies but not coloured domesticated ones such as yours. Thanks again :)

Eostre, the Celtic version of Ostara, was a goddess also associated with the moon, and with mythic stories of death, redemption, and resurrection during the turning of winter to spring. Eostre, too, was a shape–shifter, taking the shape of a hare at each full moon; all hares were sacred to her, and acted as her messengers. Cesaer recorded that rabbits and hares were taboo foods to the Celtic tribes. In Ireland, it was said that eating a hare was like eating one’s own grandmother — perhaps due to the sacred connection between hares and various goddesses, warrior queens, and female faeries, or else due to the belief that old "wise women" could shape–shift into hares by moonlight. The Celts used rabbits and hares for divination and other shamanic practices by studying the patterns of their tracks, the rituals of their mating dances, and mystic signs within their entrails. It was believed that rabbits burrowed underground in order to better commune with the spirit world, and that they could carry messages from the living to the dead and from humankind to the faeries."
;) i know my religion

So do I, thanks for that ;)

Back