• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excell vs SS which do you feed? (please give reasons why)

Excell or SS (please state why)

• Excell

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • SS

Votes: 40 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beccimarie

Mama Doe
just wondered what pellets people fed, im feeding excell at the moment but i know alot of people use SS whats the difference? thanks everyone :wave:

I changed from Excel dwarf and jr to SS when I found out that Excel had animal DNA in it (ie, animal dirivatives) and therefore is not 100% vegetarian (which a bun should be).

Turns out SS has fenugreek in it, and they absolutely love it and its 100% meat free.

I changed from Excel dwarf and jr to SS when I found out that Excel had animal DNA in it (ie, animal dirivatives) and therefore is not 100% vegetarian (which a bun should be).

Turns out SS has fenugreek in it, and they absolutely love it and its 100% meat free.

:shock: im shocked? can they get away with that? There meant to be herbivours!!

I changed from excel to ss earlier this year, they love both but I was told on here that ss was better so went with that :)

Here you go

img125.jpg

img128.jpg

img127.jpg

img126.jpg

img133.jpg

img132.jpg

img131.jpg

img130.jpg

img129.jpg

i woundered why my vets had changed there stock to SS :roll: so help me how can i get them on SS they are only on a few pellets a day so do i just give them half of each to start off with?

i woundered why my vets had changed there stock to SS :roll: so help me how can i get them on SS they are only on a few pellets a day so do i just give them half of each to start off with?

Do it slowly, so start by adding a few pellets and gradually increase the % of SS over a period of AT LEAST 2 weeks. I did mine slower then than, more like 2 months (as I had to finish the excel I had anyways).

You might find you need to feed MORE SS than excel as my two lost a bit of weight to begin with, but then I fed them more and they soon put it back on :) :wave:

Back